Chapter 17

Three moons have passed. Cubby smiled. Today was the day she'd tell him.

Tell him who the hazel cat was.

"Seasonkit! We're finally apprentices!" Hollykit smiled. "That's great but... I dont know when she'll come back." Seasonkit frowned. Icywing had let them off when they were five moons old, and they had now been doing the same routine.
"Do you think the ones in the prophecy were..... Us?" Seasonkit asked. "Well, she could've made a mistake. There's lots of loners out there who could be named 'Snowy' and 'Holly'!" She smiled, showing her pearly white teeth.

"But I feel that you're wrong.." Seasonkit looked at Cubby.

"You really wanna know who that hazel cat was?" Seasonkit asked him.

"Yeah!" He smiled. "Alright..." She took a deep breath. "That she cat was Emberpaw. She was very very mean to me, and she had seemed like she wanted to kill me. She hurt me a lot, pushing me to the floor like Hazelheart, our mother, wasn't there. Why did I have to be born with her?" She explained, frowning.

"Well, the last thing my mother told me was that, sometimes, when a good cub was related to a bad cub, the good cub would find a way around." Cubby smiled weakly. "I guess so." Seasonkit smiled along with Hollykit.

"Today is the day we go to Candyclan!" Seasonkit smiled, but quickly frowned.

"You can't go..." She said to Cubby. "It's okay." He said.

"I can survive here for as long as I can. Until I'm old enough to live in the wild, I'm staying here." He smiled, saying farewell to the two apprentices and running away. A gunshot was heard, along with a whimper.

"We gotta get out of here." Seasonkit said.

Hollykit nodded, following her to the way to Candyclan.