1

May Nothing but Death Do Us Part

"Mum? Dad?" A young boy of ginger hair and blue eyes asked his mother and father.

"Yes Philip?" his mother replied, looking down to him.

"Will I like it at Hogwarts? Will I make any friends there?" he asked, with a look of uncertainty in his eyes.

Looking into her son's eyes, smile on her face, she began "Of course you will Phil, and you will make a lot of friends, its for children like you, special children"

"But mum, what if "special" is not a good thing?" Phil asked, "the children at my old school did not think it was a good thing, they used to call me a freak"

"Special is a good thing Philip" his mother said, with a small laugh, "normalness leads to sadness"

"Plus" his mother added, "those children are a thing of the past, the new friends you'll meet here are not"

"You're right mum" Phil replied, a confident smile growing on his face.

"Your mother is always right" Phil's father added, with a chuckle. But then after a minute that once laughing face fades to a serious one, "but now all we have to do is find that platform"

And that's when Phil realized, they have been stopped right in front of a brick wall, a brick wall which connects both Platforms 9 and 10, 'but where's 9 ¾?' he questions.

"You seem lost," a voice said, pulling Phil out from his daze.

"Yeah, I guess I- I mean we are" Phil said, turning to where he heard the voice. He looked over to see a boy, around his age, brown hair and brown eyes.

"Are you looking for Platform 9 ¾?" the boy asked, a smile on his face.

"Yes actually, do you know where to find it?" Phil asked.

"You've been standing right in front of it" the boy chuckled, "I'm Dan by the way"

"Phil" Phil replied simply, "and what do you mean 'I've been standing right in front of it?'" he added.

"Here, I'll show you" Dan said, turning to the wall and saying, "all you have to do is run into the wall"

"RUN INTO THE WALL?!?!?!" Phil exclaimed, then realized everyone had turned to him because of his sudden exclamation, making him whisper the next part, "are you mental?!?!?"

"Nope, just a wizard. Trust me on this" Dan said, with a smirk.

Phil took a deep breath and said, "okay fine"

He slowly shut his eyes and gripped his trolley as he ran towards the wall, waiting for a sudden impact, but he didn't feel any.

"Open your eyes" a voice said, and he did.

"Wow" Phil said in awe, a scarlet steam engine was waiting next to a platform packed with people. A sign overhead said "Hogwarts Express, eleven o'clock". Phil looked behind him and saw a archway where the barrier had been, with the words "Platform 9 ¾" on it. He had done it.

He turned to the voice again, and again saw Dan, who was laughing at his reaction, "its okay, that was my first reaction too. Now come on, lets go say "goodbye" to our parents and then go find a seat upon the train"

"Wait-" Phil said, "my parents, they-"

"Its' alright, they're here" Dan said, pointing to where his mother and father stood, talking to a man and women, "my parents showed them how to get to the platform. Like I did you"

"Oh okay, lets go then" Phil replied, making his way towards his parents, with Dan closely following making his way towards his.

After a quick goodbye, the two made their way towards the train or "Hogwarts Express"

After having put away their trolleys (luggage, etc...) they made their way through the halls of the train, all the compartments seemed to have three or more people. Which meant Dan and Phil could not sit together, so they kept looking, they kept looking until they reached the end of the train.

"Hey" Dan said to the two in the last compartment, they seem to be first years as well, "mind if we join you?"

"Not at all" One of them said, and Dan and Phil made their way into the compartment and took a seat, one across from the other.

"I'm Dan, Dan Howell" Dan said, feeling as though introductions were needed, "and this is Phil" he said, pointing to Phil.

"Phil Lester" Phil smiled.

"I'm Pj Liguori" the boy with the brown hair and green eyes said, then pointed at the boy across from him "and this is my friend, whom I just met, Chris Kendall"

"Hi!" Chris perked up; Chris had brown hair and brown eyes, like Dan.

And from then on, a conversation sprouted, a conversation leading up to one very important promise.

"I've never really had that many friends........" Phil admitted awkwardly.

"It's alright, we'll be your friends!" Dan said, proudly.

"Really?!?!?!?!" Phil asked, shocked.

"Of course" Pj replied.

"Yup! For sure!" Chris added.

"Wow, okay, thanks guys" Phil said, "this really means a lot"

Chris smiled at him and said, "No problem!"

Phil smiled as well and began, "Promise from today on, we will be the best of friends. The type of friends that no matter what happens, they will remain friends"

"We promise" They all smiled.