~ Hospital (pt. 3) ~

~ Recap: (Ryland's POV) - I held out my hand for her, and she stood up and grabbed it.
We all walked back and sat down.
And now we wait. ~

*Rachel's POV*
We're currently waiting for the doctor or nurse or someone to come out, but this is taking forever. All my siblings were doing something. Ross and Rocky were talking (probably about the band and their music), Riker was on his phone, Rydellington was flirting and making goo-goo-eyes at each other, Ryland was on his phone, too. And me? I'm just sitting here, doing absolutely nothing but looking at my shoes. I'm so bored! Can this day just be over, already?!

Then someone comes out, holding a clipboard, and says, "Rachel Lynch". I just keep looking at my shoes. Rydel stops talking with Ellington and walks over to me.
She lets out a little sigh, "Come on" she says, holding out her hand.
I slowly grab it and look at Ryland. He gets what I'm trying to say and comes with us. We follow the lady to the back and she opens the door to a room.
"Go ahead and have a seat. I'll be back in a bit" she kindly says.

Rydel and Ryland sit on the 2 chairs in the room, and I sit on Ryland's lap. I don't want to sit on the bed thing (I don't know what it's called) alone. I want to be with my brother - the only person who knows my secret, now.

The nurse comes back in and asks a few questions then she takes my blood pressure, listens to my heart and leaves again. The doctor came in a little after the nurse left. He asked if I would sit on the bed thing, and I hesitated a little bit, but then I did. Ryland stood next to me on the right, holding my hand.

The doctor asked me a few questions, checked out my wrist, and said he'd be right back. He came back in and said they needed an X-ray. I've never had an X-ray before, so I was nervous about it. But he explained everything that would happen and it didn't sound too bad. So, he led us to a different room, sat me down in a chair, put a lead vest on my torso, put my left arm in the X-ray machine, and asked me to hold completely still. He also asked Ryland to step out of the room.

A few minutes passed and the doctor came back in. He took my arm out of the machine, took the vest off, and led me back to the room where Ryland and Rydel were waiting. Ryland had me sit on his lap and the doctor said he would be back in a few minutes to tell us the results. Sure enough, a few minutes later he came back in with the X-ray.

"Well, your wrist is not broken, but it is severely sprained. You're not going to need a cast, though. Just a brace. I'll go get it now" he said.
"Awesome! It's not broken! I bet that makes you happy, right Rachel?" Ryland said.
I nodded.

The doctor came back in with the brace and asked me to hold out my arm. He said, "it will hurt a little bit, while I'm putting it on, but just ice it and it will feel better soon"
"Okay" I replied

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ {The brace} ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

He put the brace on and sure enough, it hurt

He put the brace on and sure enough, it hurt. It hurt like heck, but I didn't show it.
"Alright, you're all done" he said "Now, when you take a shower, don't take the brace off, you could make your wrist worse. Just cover it with a plastic bag or something like that. Same for if you go to the beach, you need to cover it. Well that's it. I'll take you out front and we can set up an appointment for you to come back in, in a few weeks so we can check on your wrist. I'll send home some pain pills with you, too"

We followed him out to the front desk. I didn't want to look at my siblings so I just watched the ground. Rydel made the appointment for in 3 weeks and grabbed the pain pills.
"Alright, girly. Let's get you home" she said

We all started walking out of the hospital, but I lagged behind a bit. I figured no one would notice because they're all talking, laughing, goofing around, and having fun....without me. I sighed and kept looking at the ground so I didn't have to see their happy faces. Why are they so happy? I bet they forgot about me already. Why. Just, why.
"'Just why' what?" I heard Ross ask
"W-what?"
"I heard you say, 'just why' so I'm asking; 'just why' what?"
"Oh. I-I don't, I don't know. I was just...thinking"
"Yeah, ok. Thinking about what?"
"Nothing"
"Well it must have been something or you wouldn't have mumbled under your breath"
"Nope. It's nothing"
Ross stopped walking and looked me in the eyes, "come on. Tell me. I know it's something"
"No, i-it it really isn't. I'm just....I'm just a little tired, I guess"
"Uh huh....even though it's 10:00 {at night} I still don't believe you, but I'll pretend I do. Just until we get home"
"Yep, *sighs* that's what I thought"
"Are you coming?" he asked. I didn't notice that he started walking again. He was like 30 feet ahead, already. I just nodded, looked back down, and started walking.

When I got to him, he picked me up and carried me.
"W-what are you doing?" I asked
"Well you said you were tired, you have a hurt wrist, and you're trailing behind. Do you really think I'm going to let my baby sister walk all the way to the van?"
I smiled a little and just laid my head on his shoulder. 'Do you really think I'm going to let my baby sister walk all the way to the van?' I kept thinking about him saying that. I guess he cares. He cares about me. I felt a tear make its way down my face. Someone finally cares about me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1050 words!
I finally updated! This chapter was so hard to write because I was totally out of ideas and I didn't know how to wrap up the whole hospital scene.
But I did it! I think I did that pretty well, if I do say so myself.

• Questions •
1) What do you think should happen next?
2) Do you like where I went with this chapter?
3) Did you tear up? (I did, honestly)

Thank you all so much for reading and answering the questions! I really do read your comments and I love your feedback!

Have a wonderful day!
Stay awesome!
Never change for anyone!
❤️😘