~ Confesssing ~

~ Recap: (Rocky's POV) - Then, after a few minutes of silence she told me, "I think I'm ready to talk, now." ~

*Riker's POV*
I can't believe she thinks I would hurt her. I've never hurt anyone. Have I? No. No I haven't. I especially would never hurt anyone in my own family.
So why does she think I would? I need to think about this.

*Ross' POV*
Well, I think I might have made things a little worse by what I was saying. I should go apologize to Rachel and let her know that I didn't really mean what I was saying and that I was just letting my thoughts out. I'll do it after she cools down, though.

*Rachel's POV*
Rocky had me go up to my room, so I did. I closed the door behind me, I sat down on my bed, and accidentally hit my left wrist against my leg (when I plopped down).
"Ooooow!!!" I yelled

Then, I figured that nobody would be coming up, so I just let my tears fall, again. But then my door opened.
Rocky appeared and said, "Hey again. What's wrong?"  slowly walking over to me, then sitting next to me.
"N-nothing. Nothing's wrong" I answer
"Don't lie to me" (Rocky)
"I-I'm not lying" (Me)
"Yeah, you are. I know you, remember? I know when you're lying. And you can't say nothing's wrong when your wrist is in pain, you're limping a little, and I saw some tears falling" (Rocky)

He lied down, pulled me close to him - putting my head on his chest, then he kissed my head.
"You can tell me anything. Remember?" he told me
I nodded my head and took in a deep breath.
Then, after a few minutes of silence I decided to talk. So I said, "I think I'm ready to talk, now."
"Ok. Go ahead. I'll listen to everything you want to say. Just say it." he said, clearly wanting me to continue.
"Well, I-I-I don't really know where t-to start." I nervously said, hoping he wouldn't get mad at me.
"Ok, how about you start by telling me why you're so afraid of Riker. Ok?" he calmly said
I nodded and said, "Yeah. Ok. W-well, honestly I-I don't really know. I kind of think that deep down, I'm scared of him because we're not close. S-so I guess I think that because of that, he hates me and so I guess that I think he would also be angry with me because of that."

Rocky didn't say anything. He just lied here.
I continued, saying; "I don't know. I guess I'm just stupid for thinking all that. I don't even understand why you're here listening to me right now."
He spoke up and said, "you're not stupid. Thoughts just come into your head and you go to the worst outcome. I'm here listening to you because I care about you and I want to help you feel better. Look, I understand that you don't think you and Riker are close, but you have to trust me; he would never hurt you. And he wouldn't be angry with you because you two aren't close. He loves you and cares about you very much. We all do. Ok?"
I nodded and said, "ok. I love you guys, too."
"I'm glad to hear that" he said "now, what's up with your wrist and your leg?"
"N-nothing. They're fine." I nervously answered. Why am I so scared to tell him?
"Come on. Tell me."

I sighed and said (rather fast), "ok. Fine. When I was coming back home and saw Ross and Riker leaving the house so I hid behind some bushes till they passed. Then I ran for a few blocks and when I got to our street I tripped over part of the sidewalk that was all messed up because of a tree. I caught myself and I landed more on my left wrist than my right wrist. So I walked the rest of the way home, came upstairs, cleaned myself up, and figured I just bruised my wrist and that it wasn't that big of a deal."

"What?! You probably sprained it!! We need to take you to the hospital, NOW" he said, quickly getting up.
"NO! I don't want to go there! That's why I didn't tell any of you guys."
"You need medical attention. We're taking you right now. Come on."
"But Rocky I-"
"No. No excuses. Come on."
"Rocky"
I tried to tell him something but he picks me up and ran downstairs yelling to everyone, "I'm taking Rachel to the hospital! Come if you want, don't if you don't! I'll explain on the way!"

Rocky got me in the van, buckled me up, and flipped that stupid child lock thing on the door so I couldn't get out on my own. He went to the other side and did the same.
"Dang he's a smart boy." I thought to myself.
But then he disappeared. Soon enough, though everyone else was in the van.
Riker rode shotgun, Rydel was next to me (I was in the middle section of the van on the left side [behind the driver's seat]), Ratliff was next to Rydel, Ross and Ryland went to the very back of the van (Ross on the left - behind me. Ryland on the right - behind Ratliff).

My door opened and Rocky gave me an ice pack wrapped in a towel. He looked me in the eyes and told me to keep it on my wrist until we got there.
I told him, "I'm fine Rocky. I don't need this." But he didn't care about what I said. He gave the ice pack to Rydel and told her to hold it in my wrist until we got there. She nodded, Rocky closed the door, got in the driver's seat, and drove off.

Rydel grabbed my hand and tried to hold the ice pack on my wrist. I really did need it, but I didn't want my siblings to think that I was a baby, so I refused it.
"Rachel. Stop. You need this." she told me.
"N-no. I don't. I'm fine. Rocky is overreacting" I told her.
Rocky said, "I am not!"

I decided my wrist was hurting long enough so I just gave up on fighting against Rydel. I let her grab my hand and hold the ice pack on my wrist as I let out a sigh.
"How far away is it?" I impatiently asked.
"I think it's 30 minutes away. Longer if there's traffic" Rocky answered.

*Ryland's POV*
"Rachel, just let Rydel keep the ice pack on your wrist. You're hurt and you need it." I thought to myself. She eventually let Rydel hold it on but she didn't look to happy about it. I saw a tiny smile on her face for a second, though.
"Yeah. That feels better, doesn't it?" I thought. "Was she pretending that she didn't need it, when she really knows that she does? Man, she's confusing."
Then I think of something, "did anyone call mom and dad yet?" I asked
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1,196 words! I don't know if you guys care or not. But I think I'm gonna start putting that at the end of my chapters, now.

I didn't really know when to stop this chapter so I decided to stop it there.

• Questions •
1) What do you think their parents said/will say?
2) What was your guess for why Rachel was so scared of Riker?
3) Did anything surprise you in this chapter?

Thank you all so very much for reading!!!!

Special shoutout and thank you to EllaAlba107 because she answers all the questions I put at the end of every chapter! 😘😘😘

Stay Rockin' and have a wonderful day and an even more wonderful week!!! 😘