~ Hospital (pt. 2) ~

~ Recap: (Ryland's POV) - She nodded, took in a deep breath, and said, "ok. I believe you. I guess I'll tell you."
"Good, let's go sit down somewhere" ~

*Riker's POV*
After Rocky dropped Ryland, Rachel, and Rydel off at the front of the hospital, we went to find a place to park.
"Guys" I started saying, "d-do you think Rachel hates me?"
"No, of course not! Why would she hate you?!" Ross said
"Well, because why else would she be so afraid to be in the same room as me?" (Me)
"I don't know. Maybe she just didn't want you to find out what happened." (Ross)
"Ugh. Maybe" (Me)
"Rocky, what do you think?" (Ross)
"Umm, I, um, I-I don't know" Rocky said, rather suspiciously
"Rocky, you alright there? Do you know something that we don't?" (Me)
"Psssh...no. I'm just worried about her, that's all." (Rocky)
"Yeah, that's a lie" (Ross)
"And! I can't find anywhere to park!" (Rocky)
"Ok, calm down, man. We'll find a place to park, and Rachel's gonna be a-ok!" (Ellington)
We drove around for another 5-6 minutes looking for somewhere to park. Rocky decided to just go across the street and park in the store parking lot. We all got out, locked the van, and began walking towards the hospital.
"Oh seriously?!" Rocky yelled
"What?" I asked
"That car just pulled out" he said, pointing to a medium sized, silver, Honda.
"That's alright. We found a place to park, so it doesn't matter anymore" I said.
He nodded, looked at the ground, and kept walking.

We got inside and found Rydel filling out paperwork.
"Hey, where's Rachel and Ryland?" I asked
"Umm, they went for a walk" she replied, not looking up. "Do any of you know Rachel's.....height, weight, and if she allergic to anything?"
We stood there in silence.
"I guess not...Wow, we're terrible siblings" Ross answered
"Yeah, I guess we're all so caught up in the band, and acting, and stuff that we've kind of overlooked Rachel. No wonder she hates me" I said
"She doesn't hate you" Ellington said
"Yes she does! Why else would she had be running away all day, today?" I said, a little too loud
"Riker, lower your voice. There's still other people here" Rocky said
"Right. Ok. Well, I'm gonna go walk around and, and cool off a bit. Text me when Rachel comes back" I said
"Ok, will do" Ross replied

*Rachel's POV (going back a little bit)*
Ryland and I decided to take a little walk around the hospital. I don't know why we couldn't have just gone outside, though. It's kinda weird to be walking around inside.

"So what's up?" he asked
"N-nothing"
"Really? Nothing at all?"
"No"
"Ok, well why do you keep staring at the floor?"
"Be-because I don't want to look at anyone"
"Fair enough, I guess. Does it still hurt?"
"No. It wasn't hurting before"
I stopped walking, bent down so she was looking at my eyes, and said, "come on. That's such a lie. It hurts when you fall. Why won't you admit that you're in pain?"
"You just wouldn't understand"
At least we're getting somewhere.

"Ok, I might not understand, but I can still try and help. Please tell me. And if you don't want me to tell anyone else, then I won't. I promise"
I nodded, took in a deep breath, and said, "ok. I believe you. I guess I'll tell you."
"Good, let's go sit down somewhere" he said, getting up and grabbing my right hand.
Ryland took me outside and we sat down at a bench under some trees. It's gonna get dark soon, though because it's already 5:30 PM.
"Ok, so tell me" he said, breaking the silence
"W-well, umm..."
"Don't you dare start to think of some lie to tell me. Tell me the truth."
"Fine. I didn't want to tell any of you that I was in pain because, if I told you guys, then you would all think that I can't handle any pain and then you'd all think I was a baby and you wouldn't want anything to do with me, even more than you already do." I said, saying that last part quieter, sorta hoping he didn't hear.
"Why would you think that we would think you're a baby?" he questioned
"Because, you're all adults and I'm only 16. And you're all braver and stronger than I am, so I just wanted to be like you guys; brave and strong"
We just sat there in silence. I guess he was thinking of something to say.

*Ryland's POV*
After Rachel told me all that, I didn't know what to tell her. I want to tell her something to make her feel better, but I don't know what to say.
While I was thinking, in the awkward silence, I saw Riker come out to the hospital and start walking towards us. He was coming up behind Rachel, so she didn't see him, and I didn't say anything because I figured Rachel might freak out and run back inside, or away, again.

Rachel was sitting on my left side, so I gently grabbed her right hand because Riker was almost here and I know he's gonna say something.
"What?" she asked
"Nothing. Look, I don't know what I should say. I wish I could think of something really heartfelt and deep, but I can't think of anything. I guess that shows what kind of lame brother I am. I'm sorry" I said
"Ryland, you're not a lame brother. You're only 18. I didn't think you would be able to come up with something off the top of your head. It's ok" she said, then gave me a little smile
"Hey guys" Riker said, causing Rachel to jump
"Hey, Riker. What's up?" I asked
"Nothing, I just needed to take a walk 'cause I was getting a little stressed out in there" he replied

Rachel just sat there, looking at the ground. I know this is awkward for her, but we can't just get up and leave.

"So, how are you feeling, Rachel?" Riker asked
"Fine, I guess" she said, not looking up
"Good. That's good" he replied
Rydel just texted Riker and I saying, "Okay, I finished the paperwork you can come back, now 😊👌🏻👍🏻"
"Alright" I said, standing up, "come on Rachel, we gotta go back now"
I held out my hand for her, and she stood up and grabbed it.
We all walked back and sat down.
And now we wait.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1,100 words!
I thought the chapter was going on too long, so I'm going to have to make a part 3.
Is everyone okay with that??

Merry Christmas! 🎆🎄🌟❤️

• Questions •
1) Did you have a good Christmas?
2) What was your favorite gift?
3) Did you think Rachel was going to tell Ryland that?
4) Do you think Ryland will tell the others?
5) If yes, on #4, when?

Thank you all so much for reading! I hope you had a great Christmas with your family and friends!

Have an amazing day!
I love you all!