~ Hospital (pt. 1) ~

~ Recap: (Ryland's POV) - Then I think of something, "did anyone call mom and dad yet?" ~

*Ryland's POV*
No one says anything. So I ask, "should I call them or at least shouldn't somebody?"
"Yeah, probably. Wait. Not yet. We'll call them if something is really, very wrong with Rachel's wrist" Riker answered.
Once again, nobody was talking. It's kind of an awkward silence, too. I could see that Rachel felt a little uncomfortable. I tapped Ross and he looked at me. I motioned toward Rachel and he looked a little sad.
Seeing Rachel so upset makes us all upset. He sends me a text saying, "she looks really uncomfortable. Should we do something?"
I replied saying, "I don't know what we could do."
He looked at me and shrugged. Rachel was just looking out the window.

*Ross' POV*
I don't know what to do. I hate seeing her like this and I feel so bad for her. She's looking out the window and I see tears falling down her face. She's crying. Silently.
Ugh! I can't take this anymore! I need to talk to her!
"Rachel. Are you feeling ok?" I ask
Rydel looks at her and I think sees the tears. Rachel just nods her head.
"Ok, cool. I'm glad to hear that" how else do I respond?
I text Rydel, "did you see?"
Rydel: "yea. Why's she crying??"
Me: "🤔 I don't know...maybe because her wrist hurts?! 🙄"
Rydel: "oh, right. 😳 K 😁"

*Rydel's POV*
I know she's in pain. Why won't she just admit it? There's probably a good 15 minutes left till we reach the hospital and she hasn't done anything showing pain. Until Ross spoke up and asked if she was alright. But she still denied that she was in pain. I saw that she really was, though. She was crying. Silently. She had her head on the door and she was looking out the window, crying.

I turned so my back was facing Ellington and leaned against him. He was just on his phone so I bet he didn't even notice. I get situated, hand the ice pack to Ross, and I gently pull Rachel towards me, laying her down on me. She quickly wipes her eyes and winces. I guess she forgot about her wrist, and another tear falls.

Ross hands me the ice pack and I put it back onto her wrist. I hold it there with my right hand and I softly rub my left hand along her arm.

*Flashback (Rydel's POV)*
Mom and dad went out on a date at 5:00 and decided that because Riker is now 10 years old, he was old enough to watch us all for one night.
Riker and Rocky were watching TV, Ross and Ryland were practicing their lines for the skit in our sibling show that we were going to give our family in a couple days, and Rachel was coloring.

It's been probably a good hour since mom and dad left and I was in the basement, rehearsing my part in our sibling show when Rachel comes running down the stairs with tears streaming down her little face. She comes running over to me and I stop my music.
I grab her hand, walk over to the beanbag chairs, and sit down. Then I place her on my lap and ask her what's wrong.

She sat with me in silence for a few seconds and then she slowly said, "R-riker w-won't stop b-bothering me bout being in your guys's show. A-a-and I don't want to-to-to be in it. D-do I have to?"
I gently pulled her tiny head into my chest and stroked her hair.
"No, of course you don't have to be in it. Not if you don't want to."
She sniffled, nodded, and replied, "okay. Thank you, Riddle." <that's how Rachel pronounced Rydel's name>
"You're welcome, baby. Are you gonna go back upstairs, now?" I asked
"No, can I stay down here with you?....Please?"
"Of course you can"
I didn't feel like getting up, so we just snuggled, and I gently rubbed her arm to continue to calm her down. Eventually, we fell asleep.
*End of Flashback (Still Rydel's POV)*

When I finished remembering that moment, Ryland said, "Ok, well....good news and bad news. Which does everyone want first?"
"Give us the bad news first so we can get cheered up with the good news" Ellington said.
"Well, bad news is, is that I decided to text mom and dad, because I think they need to know what's happening. And they are really worried, mad, and scared right now, and they don't think we're responsible. But, the good news is, is that they said that we're not grounded! So that's good. Oh, and mom said to take her to the ER."
"Wow Ryland, that's your good news?" Rocky asked
"Yeaaaah. That's it. Well, mom also said that Rachel's wrist shouldn't be too badly hurt, because it just got injured from her catching herself"
"Hey! There's some better good news! Right, Rachel?!" Ross said
She didn't answer. She just lied here, holding back tears.

We finally got to the hospital and Rocky dropped Ryland, Rachel, and I off in front, while he went to find a place to park.
I gave Rachel the ice pack and told her to keep it on. She nodded and we started walking inside. We went straight to the ER like mom told us to do and went to the front counter.
"Hello. What seems to be the problem today?" the lady behind the counter asked.
"Hi, well, um, my little sister was running and she tripped over part of the sidewalk that was pushed up from some tree roots, and she fell, but caught herself with her hands, and now her left wrist really hurts" I explained.
"Ok, if you could fill out these papers and wait over there, that would be very helpful. Do you need ice or anything?" She replied
"No, we already have some. Thank you, though" I said, grabbing the clipboard with the paperwork on it, and sat down where the lady pointed.

*Ryland's POV*
We sat down and Rydel started filling out the paperwork.
"3 pages?!" I yelled/asked
"Shhh. Ryland, lower your voice. There's other people here" Rydel said
"Sorry" I whispered
Man, Rachel looks really upset about something....and tired. And she's just staring at the floor.
"Y'know. This will probably take a while. You wanna go take a walk or something?" I asked Rachel, hoping to get her mind off of this.
She stayed, staring at the floor and shrugged.
"Alright, well, come on. Rydel, we're gonna walk around" I said, getting up.
Rachel didn't move, so I motioned for her to get up, and she slowly did.
I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and we walked around. She wouldn't stop looking at the floor.

"So what's up?" I casually asked
"N-nothing"
"Really? Nothing at all?"
"No"
"Ok, well why do you keep staring at the floor?"
"Be-because I don't want to look at anyone"
"Fair enough, I guess. Does it still hurt?"
"No. It wasn't hurting before"
I stopped walking, bent down so she was looking at my eyes, and said, "come on. That's such a lie. It hurts when you fall. Why won't you admit that you're in pain?"
"You just wouldn't understand"
At least we're getting somewhere.
"Ok, I might not understand, but I can still try and help. Please tell me. And if you don't want me to tell anyone else, then I won't. I promise"
She nodded, took in a deep breath, and said, "ok. I believe you. I guess I'll tell you."
"Good, let's go sit down somewhere"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That seemed like a pretty good place to stop.
1,299 words in this chapter!
Sorry for not updating, school is so mean.

Christmas is 4 days away now.
Honestly, to me, it's not feeling like its Christmas time...and I don't like that 😔

• Questions •
1) How was the chapter? (Good? Boring? Slow? Lame? etc.)
2) Were you expecting something different to happen?
3) Any ideas for what should happen next?

Thank you so much for reading!!!!!
If you read this far, please comment: "Pop" so I know. Thank you.
Stay amazingly awesome and have a wonderful day!