~ The News & Riker's Room ~

~ Recap: (Ellington's POV) - "Thanks Ell. Can you carry her up to my room, please" Riker says.
"Sure thing" I reply.
"N-no. D-don't, Ratliff." Rachel says.
But I carry her up anyway. ~

*Ryland's POV*
We all watched Ellington take Rachel up stairs to Riker's room. Nobody said anything. We heard the door to his room close and Riker just stood there. "Riker, why haven't you gone up yet?" I asked.
"Because she needs some time to cool off, first" he replied.
Then it was silent again.

*Rydel's POV*
Nobody was saying anything and you can feel the tension in the air. It's really uncomfortable.
"Riker, you better go up there soon, I don't know when mom and dad are getting home. Are we gonna tell them what happened today?" I asked him.
"Yeah, I know. And I don't know if we'll tell them. I just don't know" he answered
"What are you waiting for? I think she calmed down, now" Rocky said.
"Yeah I guess. I guess I'll go now. Wish me luck, guys."
"Good luck" we all responded.
Then Riker went upstairs, we heard the door open and then close.
I hope nothing bad happens.

~~~~~~~~~Meanwhile~~~~~~~~~
*Stormie's POV*
"Mark, I haven't heard from the kids all day. Do you think something went wrong?"
"No, they're probably just having too much fun."
"Ok. I really hope this traffic lightens up. I want to see my babies."
"It doesn't look like it will. We may be here a while. And they're growing up, honey, you need some time away from them. They're independent, smart, responsible kids. They're fine, I know they are."
"Ok. You're right. I need some time away from them."
"I'm glad you agree. That's why when we get home and drop the groceries off, we're going back to Colorado for the rest of the month."
"Really?! Oh wow, that sounds wonderful! But what about the kids?! I don't think they're ready to be home alone for a whole month!!"
"Don't worry, I believe in them. We'll put Riker in charge, like always, and give them a few rules."
"But the longest we've been away from them was 1, 3-day-weekend. So much could happen to them in a month."
"Sweetie, you need to calm down. I trust them. They'll be fine."
"Ok. I believe you. This actually sounds fun! Thank you, Mark! I love you so much!"
"You're welcome. I love you too!"
I guess I should text the kids and let them know that we're stuck in traffic. It doesn't look like we'll be home for another 2 hours.

~~~~~~Back at the house~~~~~~
*Rocky's POV*
I hope everything goes well. I'm sure it will. Just then mom texted us in a group message.
"Hey kids! We're stuck in traffic and it doesn't look like it's gonna be getting lighter anytime soon. I'm thinking we still have about 2 hours in this mess. So make yourselves some dinner and don't wait up for us. I'll let you know if anything changes.💗💗I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!💗💗"

I looked up from my phone and everyone looked a little relieved. I don't think we're going to be telling them what happened today.

*Ellington's POV* (a little while ago when he took Rachel to Riker's room–What Riker's room looks like is the picture I attached to this chapter 😊👍🏻)
I got up the stairs and managed to open the door without loosing Rachel. I got us inside, closed the door, leaned against it, and let go of her.
"Ratliff, l-let me out"
"No. Riker wants to talk to you"
"But I d-don't want to talk to him"
"I know, but you have to"
She comes over to me and tries to push me out of the way so she can open the door. Of course, it doesn't work.
"M-move. I-I wanna go"
"No. You're not leaving until Riker says you can. So I'm not moving."
"Fine"

She walks over to Riker's desk, sits down in the chair, crosses her arms (with the left on top), and pouts.
I almost feel bad for doing this. She looks so mad and upset and, and scared? Why does she seem so scared?
"Rachel, why do you look scared?"
"I'm-I'm not scared."
"Really? Because it sure looks like you are. I see it in your eyes."
"Really. H-how would you know w-what it looks like 'i-in my eyes'?" she said using air quotes.
I sigh and say, "because, when Rydel is scared, I can see it in her eyes. So, I can also see it in yours."
"W-well you must be seeing things be-because I'm not-I'm not scared."
"Ok. If you say so"
She looked a little disappointed with my answer and so she just looked at the ground.

Just then Riker knocks on the door and Rachel tenses up a bit. I open the door for him and ask if he wants me to stay or leave.
"You don't have to stay, but you can if you want" he answers.
"Nah, this is between you two. I don't need to be in here" I tell him.
"Bye guys" I say to both Rachel and Riker.
"Bye, man. And thanks" Riker says.
"Sure thing"
I look at Rachel and she looks mortified. Why is she so afraid of Riker?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That seems like a pretty good place to end the chapter. 🙃👍🏻

Does anybody else not like that when you comment, the app won't let you use emojis anymore? I hate it. 😡

So anyway, here's this chapters questions:
• Questions •
1) Why do you think Rachel is so scared of Riker?
2) Did you find the R5 TV! reference?? 😏😊 (never mind. The reference was in the chapter "~ Finally ~")
3) Will Riker find out the truth from Rachel?! 😨😯
Only 3 questions, again.

Thank you guys so much for reading and commenting!!!! It means so much to me!!!! 💗💗💗😘😘😘

Have a wonderful day!!!!