Chapter 2

After class finally dismissed, I walked with Ally to the cafeteria to buy lunch. Along the way, Ally was saying random stuff about how people were going to be jealous of us that we have both the King of Games and the runner up in our class. I didn't pay much attention, though. I was worried about something other than everyone's jealousy.

We grabbed our food and sat at a table in the corner of the room, away from everyone else, just like normal. Ally didn't like it when she sat too close to people who might judge her for how she eats, which I didn't understand. It's not like she eats like a pig or anything. But as her friend, I just went along with it. I think the whole eating thing is just a cover up so she can just sit with me and talk about Duel Monsters and not have people telling her she can't duel, like they do me.

"So?" Ally asked, grinning at me.

"So what?" I asked, taking a bite of salad.

"Didn't you talk to Bakura during class? Did you get dizzy? Or maybe short of breath? Or butterflies?!"

"Ally, all I did was ask if he was okay. It was no big deal."

"Well what did he say?"

"That he was fine. He just slept in this morning. Sleeping on the ground on a random island can't be good for you."

Ally slumped back in her seat. "You're no fun, Aria. You need to focus more on love. You'll find it one day, and you won't know how to act if you don't practice. And I thought you had it bad for Bakura..."

"Shut up, would you!" I yelled. A couple of heads turned, and I instantly pulled out my book and started reading, even though I'd memorized it's contents long ago.

Ally started laughing at me. "Well, that proves it. We need to get you two hooked up. What do you say?"

"No thanks. If I date someone, it'll be because they asked me." I saw the look in Ally's eyes, and instantly added, "Of their own free will."

Ally sighed. "Whatever, but I'm sure I can find someone who would go out with you. They just don't realize that they want to yet."

We ate the rest of lunch in a comfortable silence. Well, until right before we started to clean up, when Ally exclaimed, "But you and Bakura would be so cute!!!! You both have white hair, mysterious eyes... You two were made for each other, Aria!"

"Would you shut up?!" I whisper-screamed at her. She giggled with her hand over her mouth like she was six, then we walked back to class, Ally with a small skip in her step.

Once there, we noticed it was only us, that one girl we were speaking with earlier, and Bakura. As I walked to my seat, Ally shoved me toward him. I sent her a death glare, then noticed Bakura staring at me.

"Hi. Sorry, about that. Ally can be such a klutz. Did I bump you?"

"No, it's fine. Not a problem."

I looked down at my feet, hoping I wasn't blushing. It was then that I noticed I had dropped my journal, it had fallen open next to Bakura's feet.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said, kneeling down to get it. "I dropped my book under your desk."

"Allow me," he said gently, then, eyeing the contents, picked up my book and slowly returned it to me. "I like your drawings."

I quickly closed the book. "Oh, thanks, but they're not drawings. More like sketches, really." I brushed my hair behind my ear. "But yeah. Thanks." I then sat in my desk, which at the moment, was in the worst possible place: right behind him.

Once I sat down, I opened my book and immediately started to erase the picture I had drawn of Yugi's Millennium Puzzle. If Bakura said something to him about it, and then Yugi saw it in my book, he might figure out that I want the items.

Ally looked over my shoulder. "Why are you erasing your pictures? They're really good!"

I didn't answer her as I kept erasing, but I did hear Bakura turn around and felt his gaze watching me. I glanced up at him.

"You know, I won't tell Yugi you were drawing his necklace if you don't want me to. A lot of people draw the things they admire. It's no different really than drawing anything else."

I stared at Bakura. His big brown eyes seemed to hold nothing but honesty. Why would he offer to not tell Yugi if he didn't get anything out of it?

Bakura smiled at me. I blinked, then unknowingly smiled back. Once I noticed, I immediately looked at my book and finished erasing the Millennium Puzzle. By the time I looked back up, Bakura had turned back around and was reading a book of his own.

I felt Ally tap repeatedly on my shoulder. I closed my book and glanced back at her. She had the biggest smile on her face, and looked so excited that she was about to explode. I ignored the urge to punch her, and stood and left the room, knowing she would follow.

Once in the hallway, we closed the door and walked to the other side of the hall. I faced her, and finally asked, "What?"

Trying hard to stay quiet, but too excited to speak normally, she let out a soft squeak that somehow formed words. "He likes you!!!"

I glanced around, and thankfully, the hall was empty. "What? No he doesn't. He's just being a normal, kind person. A.K.A.: himself."

Ally shook her head so fast I half expected it to fly off. "No, Aria. He likes you. I can tell! I knew you two were made for each other! I just knew it!"

I sighed. "Why again do you think we're made for each other, exactly?"

"Because have you seen you two? You would be the cutest couple in the school! Cuter than Yugi and Tea!"

"I thought they were just friends."

"They are, but everyone knows they'll get together eventually."

"Gosh, I hope not. They're both annoying enough by themselves as it is. Imagine that much annoyingness coming from one couple."

"But they hang out together constantly."

"But then you have to add in the dating drama, and friendship speeches will turn into love speeches."

Ally stared at me for a minute, before laughing. "I guess I can agree. Especially on the friendship speeches."

I nodded, then turned toward the door to our classroom. "So you really think he likes me?"

Ally nodded. "I know he likes you, Aria."

"Then what do I do now?"

Ally put her hand on my arm. "Well, I guess the only options are wait or ask him out."

I nodded, and then walked back into the classroom. I headed back to my seat and saw that the girl who sat beside me was packing her things. Bakura was still reading.

"Where are you going, Lizzy?" Ally asked.

"Oh, a teacher came in while you two were gone and informed us that classes have been canceled for the rest of the day."

Ally walked up to Bakura. "So are you planning on staying here all day reading or are you going somewhere?"

Bakura put his book down and stood. "I was just waiting for Aria to come back. I wanted to ask her if she would come with me to the cafe a few blocks away." He turned to face me. "So would you like to accompany me?"

I glanced from Bakura to Ally, who was enthusiastically nodding her head, and then back to Bakura. "Sure. I'll go with you."

"Great. Meet me in front of the school when you're ready to leave. I'll be waiting for you." Then he turned around left the room.

I glanced at Lizzy, who just shook her head and left the room. Then I glanced at Ally, who was smiling so big that her face seemed to just have a crack running through it.

"What?"

"YOU'RE GOING ON A DATE WITH BAKURA!!!!!!!!!"

"Would you shut up?!"

"NOPE! GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!" I grabbed my stuff just in time to be pushed out of the room and down the hall. "Don't keep your dream guy waiting!!!"

I smiled a little and waved to Ally, then ran toward the school front to meet Bakura.