Chapter 13

Chapter XIII Drath and G.O.A.L. peacefully converse

I think I already know what you guys are going to tell me to do. Drath thought.

Then what is it? Linken asked?

You want me to change riders again and to give you a heads up it's a no. Drath thought.

We'll see about that. Linken said reluctantly.

So they flew in silence.

...

While back at the academy Makail was learning how to use his hearing to his advantage.

"Makail try and tap us by where you hear the sound." Hazel said.

"When do I start"? Makail asked?

"Whenever you want". said someone who sounded like Caden.

"OK, I will do my best." Makail said.

"OK then try and find me." Caden said.

Makail went to where his voice was but he felt nothing. "Where did you go"? Makail asked?

"Over here" Caden said and it was behind him and he ran to where he heard the voice and by doing so someone tripped him. "Who did that?" Makail asked a bit annoyed?

"It was me." Caden said amusement in his voice, but since he was laughing Makail was able to find him and even knock him off his feet.

"Who did that?" Caden asked with a playful voice even though he tried to sound angry.

"Who do you think." Makail said.

"It was you wasn't it?" Caden asked?

"Yes even though I may be blind I can still tell where your feet are." Makail said chuckling a little. They then all started laughing.

...

"He is here." Linken said loudly.

"What did he say on the way," a voice asked from the table?

"No, and said it was his final answer, Gregory" answered Linken.

"But why, his rider is blind." said another more youthful voice.

He is temporarily blind Elrod. Drath thought.

"Well, what if Hildreth comes then what will you do?" Elrod asked?

Then I will assist him as much as needed. Drath thought.

"It will only slow you down and make it harder for you to defend yourself." Lloyd explained with concern in his voice

It will work we will train him to listen to his surroundings to the point where even the slightest wind he will be able to sense. explained Drath.

"So fine then end up as the rest but you will regret it." said an older voice.

"You do have a point David but let him do what needs to be done." Linken said.

It is temporary so take that into the equation of things. Drath suggested

"If it is temporary fine and when he does get his sight back he will be even stronger." David said sarcastically.

You will be surprised by what I can do and what he will be able to do. Drath thought.

So with that Drath walked out. He hoped his plan worked or the world would be lost.

...

"Makail you have done well." Caden said in the distance.

"So how many time did I tap you guys." Makail asked?

"About fifty times." Hazel said.

"That's not too bad." Makal said.

"Well, that would be not that bad if it had not taken five hours"explained Holly.

"To true, to true." Brandon said chuckling.

"So what time is it"? Makail asked curiously since he couldn't see the sun.

"The sun is setting and it is close to the horizon so we should get off to bed." Laden said.

"I would have to agree with that" Hazel said to the group.

So with that, they walked down the stairs then in their separate directions. While Makail was walking he had a feeling something bad was going to happen. Especially since Drath hadn't come back. Once he got to his room he had a hard time sleeping since his mind told him he was going to dream something unpleasant but once he did fall asleep his mind was right. He was in the same place he was with his first dream with Hildreth so he could only guess he would meet him again. Then he appeared from the smoke.

"So how have you been seeing." Hildreth said trying not to laugh since it must have been an inside joke to him.

"Not to well then if you would like the truthfully answer". Makail said.

"Well, we hope you have a good time in, five days" Hildreth said hoping for a question.

"Why?" Makail asked bluntly?

"Well, because you ain't going anywhere but where you are at and my place, so enjoy" Hildreth said enthusiastically.

"What if I don't enjoy it" Makail said.

"Well, you will and that is final". Hildreth said a little annoyed.

"Wait, what are those yellow looking dots, are those eyes." Makail asked curiously.

"Yes, and they are my dragons but they are only your imagination." Hildreth said.

"Well, then thanks so bye bye" Makail said childishly.

"No, you don't Hildreth" said but Makail had already disappeared "Darn it he did it again"

When Makail woke up he saw the same darkness.

"Well, let's get ready before someone gets here" Makail said to himself.

Then he stood up and hit the floor and he saw white waves go around him and he saw shapes. Then he took a step and saw the same waves. So he got into his clothes and walked out and used the shapes he saw to lead him. When he got to the giant wooden doors he saw lots of waves coming from beneath the door. When he opened he saw lots of figures. He stood still for a while. That was until he saw a figure walk up to him.

"How did you get here" said who he presumed as Hazel.

"I see these what looks like waves that show me the way but not who people are" Makail said. Then what looked like another person came up to them

"Get out of here Jenny since were talking and I know what you going to say. Hazel said.

"I don't have to and why are you talking to a blind person." Jenny said in a snippy matter.

"It's the nice thing to do and I knew you were going to say that." Hazel said.

"Why should I have to be nice Hazel." Jenny said and with that she walked away annoyed.

"I heard what you said Makail, so that should help a lot." Hazel said.

"Well, I also just noticed something when you made yourself known you both changed color since you guess are not just a plain color of white." Makail said.

"What colors where we"? asked Hazel with curiosity in her voice.

"You're a hazel color and she was a dark pink." Makail answered.

"Well, I wonder what else I could use with this and if it works with my eyes closed once I get my vision back but I am still vulnerable behind me though." Makail said.

"Well I will go upstairs to practice." Makail said.

"Good Idea but how about we both go and eat first." Hazel said.

And with Makail's new ability and Drath's Decision will they prevail or will Hildreth win.