Chapter 2

Chapter II When Everything Changed

Makail woke up and it seemed like a regular day until he walked out and saw the dark clouds, but these seem to be radiating hatred and danger.

Also, he saw everyone seemed to be circling around the middle of the village. What is going on? Makail thought to himself. Then he saw it happen, a dragon a darker color than any other dragon he had seen landed. It caused smoke to go all around them, and when it cleared Makail saw how the dragon looked. It had big claws and great wings. There was also a rider on the dragon's back too. The rider was clothed in a black cloak from head to ankle he also had black pants and boots.

A lady named Jenny asked. "who are you."? The masked figure replied "your friend or your enemy.". Another villager asked. "What do you want us to do then.". His name is Jerry "To follow your new leader." the masked figure answered. "Who is this new leader"? asked one of Han's goons. The masked figure answered "Me.". "What if we refuse?" asked Jerry? "Yeah what if we refuse." said Hans. "You do not have a choice." said the masked figure as he brought out a bow and shot an arrow at Hans with incredible speed unseen by anybody there but the wielder of the bow. Hans gripped his chest before he fell and lay still. But before he did he said "You bastard how did you shot so fast how.". "Who else still refuses."he asked. Then everyone started running and panicking. "Go you shall see me again." the figure in black said.

During this chaos Makail's family ran to their dragons, which they were at their house out of sight of him since everyone was running like chickens with their heads chopped off. Lily was eating her breakfast and Flamer was laying her head on her paws and xxxx was looking out into the distance. When they saw their worried faces they all stood up and stopped what they were doing. They went into the forest before flying and Makail made sure he still had the stone, and he did still have it but when he did this he felt odd while doing it but he felt like it was important.

So they flew for a long time without incident then they saw it. A building jutting up through the sky like a shining tower and then Makail saw something coming towards them It looked like a net of some sort then he was hit with it and when he felt it he knew it was a net since it felt like one. When he was hit by it he was knocked off the dragon immediately but after a bit he slowly slipping out of conscious because of the force of the net and his fall speed, and the last thing that Makail remembered hearing was " We need to catch him now or" said Jessica "before... that" ,Smack "how many of these things are there." asked Alivia. "I also don't think that stone is a stone it seems more like solidified darkness or night." Then Makail hit something hard and rough, it kinda felt like a dragon's hide it was not a pleasant feeling when he hit the surface pain rushed through him faster than paper in a 5 foot tall fire, he also saw that the dragon was sky blue and the rider was wearing something similar and then he was enveloped in darkness.

...

Makail dreamed he was in a place with no life at all. There was also a storm above that looked the same at the village except stronger. Then out of the darkness a dragon black as night landed in front of me and said "You are my rider.". "Who are you and why do I feel like I have seen you before?" Makail asked? "You have 2 years ago but you were not ready at the time and you will find out soon you must wake up." The dragon said with urgency. Then Makail was awoken.

...

"Where....where am I?" Makail asked as he slowly came back to consciousness?

"You're At the Academy." A soft voice from the darkness said?

"Where is this Academy?" Makail asked as his vision cleared and he saw that he was in a plain white room with a bunch of beds?

"You saw It before you were knocked out by our nets from our catapults sorry, but lucky for you we sent a dragon right away." She said.

"OK...who are you and what is your name and whose dragon was sent?" Makail asked suspiciously?

"My name is Hazel and the dragon that was sent was me." She answered smiling.

"Well Hello hazel nice to meet you and thank you." Makail said shyly. She had hazel eyes and dark blonde hair and a sky blue one piece jumpsuit.

"Now where am I exactly besides this Academy like what room?" Makail asked?

"Oh ya you're in the Medical part of the building." Hazel said.

"Okay then so where is my stuff and what is the purpose of this academy?" Makail asked?

"Oh ya we kinda took your stone and we are taking a look at it since it looked odd and this place it a school for dragon riders." Hazel said

"Well can I have it back is seemed important just sorta a mutual feeling of importance?" Makail asked?

"Well we are still taking a look at it in a different room." Hazel said.

"Can I see it and is there anybody else here?" Makail asked?

"Well sure and there is much more of us than I feel like counting, and what is your name?" Hazel Asked kindly?

"My name is Makail." Makail replied quietly.

"Well, let's go and see your stone and you are a quiet talker, thank goodness we didn't send someone else." Hazel said while chuckling.

She opened the door and he saw a long hallway. The hallway was a light blue colored wall. So they started going through the hallways till they got to the room with what was supposed to have the stone. The door was closed but there was a lot of noise behind it and it stopped abruptly.

Well that didn't sound good, what was that, a drilling machine?" Makail asked?

No we don't have a drilling machine in this room or any other room on this level and they don't sound this loud they also are operated by hand not by water to messy." Hazel said, "well let's see what is going on in there".

Hazel opened the door and on the table was a pitch black small dragon.

"Where did he come from?" Makail asked?

"From the supposed stone you had in your pocket." said a boy in the room.

"What is your name?" Makail asked with caution in his voice?

"I am Brandon." The boy said sounding friendly. Brandon had dark blue eyes and black hair with the same outfit as Hazel except a pale gray.

"Well Hello Brandon I am Makail and your saying that this is my dragon." Makail said.

"Yes he is your dragon what do you wish to name him?" Brandon Asked?

"So I get to name him but don't dragon's tell you their name, everyone of my family had a dragon walk up to them but it is roughly around their personality?" Makail asked?

"Normally but this is a baby dragon so you get to choose the name because it was with you." Brandon explained.

"Then Drath." Makail replied.

"What a very interesting name for a dragon that we don't even know about." said someone Makail hadn't noticed before.

"Well who are you since I am guessing you know who I am?" Makail asked?

"Yes, and my name is Linken I am the one of the leaders that leads one of the five Academies." He replied. He was wearing a loose jacket and blue pants with a dragon emblem shirt with the dragon in a ouroboros shape. He also started noticing the symbol on all the back of the jumpsuits.

"Wait there are five Academies not just this one?" Makail asked surprised?

"Yes but this one is the strongest and your family is going to the fourth academy since it was closer and in the direction they were heading and we already informed them, and they are the second strongest academy also." Linken explained.