Arnav HATED the second her warmth was taken away from him. And hearing the kind of thoughts that were plaguing her mind almost tore him apart.

How did he manage to make her feel so insecure over his trust on her?! He had to rectify his mistake now!

He immediately put his arm around her back and pulled her back to his chest – in his arms, where she belongs.

"Of course not Khushi! How could you even think that?! I trust you more than anything! Khushi..." He rolled her over slightly so that she was now on her back. "I LOVE you," he said, gently cupping her face with all the love in his heart shining in his eyes – for her.

Everything disappeared for Khushi in that moment. Everything except him.

Even though she'd heard it earlier on today, she still wasn't used to hearing the beautiful words from his mouth and the butterflies in her stomach that came with it...

"Khushi I love you," he repeated. "And I trust you. I know you wouldn't even think of another man in that way... But hearing you called another man yours... It doesn't sit well with me Khushi..."

Khushi opened her mouth to retort but Arnav continued before she could say anything.

"I know why you did what you did. And I can't complain because you are with me, safe and sound now, because of that brave act of yours. But Khushi... this hurt that I'm feeling has nothing to do with trust."

"Don't you see Khushi? This is my right. The right to be called yours. The right to call you mine. Yeh sab pe sirf or sirf mera haq hai! Or tum yeh haq kisi aur ko de – ek drama keliye hi sahi – yeh mujhe manzoor nahi hai, or kabhi hoga bhi nahi. Tum samajh rahe ho na ki main kya kehraha hoon? (Only I have the right to do these things. And you giving these rights to someone else – even if it's just for a drama – I'm not happy with it and I never will be. You understand what I'm saying right?)" Arnav explained calmly, not letting his eyes waver from hers even for a moment as he tried to get Khushi to understand his point of view.

"Hum samajh the hain... (I understand...)" she replied softly.

And she did. She knew how possessive Arnav was of her and her affection for him. She knew that he considered her as his exclusively, and he wasn't used to sharing her with anyone yet – not even her own family. And now when she thought of today's events from his point of view, she finally understood the anger and possessiveness he would have felt, hearing those words from her mouth.

After all she was the same as him – despite knowing that he didn't feel anything for Sheetal except maybe a few brotherly feelings, her own anger had peaked when hearing the words, 'my Sheetal,' from his mouth.

"But that doesn't mean that I'm not angry at you still," she added when she saw the relief settle on his features.

This time before he could retort, she spoke.

"You still haven't told me what you were talking about," she said, looking elsewhere so that he couldn't see the jealousy that had crept back into her despite his love confession.

But Arnav knew her inside out and each of her feelings were clear as day to him.

He sighed before placing a quick peck on the corner of her lips. "Khushi... You seriously don't have to be so jealous of Sheetal–"

"I'm not jealous!" she responded too quickly. "I-I'm just angry that you're hiding something from me!"

"If you say so," Arnav sang.

"I'm. Not. Jealous," she said narrowing her eyes at him, her nose turning red in anger.

He didn't say anything in response this time. He just looked into her mesmerising eyes, admiring her beauty – inside and out.