"Fine." I said as he pulled into the parking spot he usually parks in. I hopped out of the car and before I could storm into the school Chase's voice stopped me. "Try to not be snappy with your friends. Keep in mind they are only concerned." I nodded, not looking back at him, then continued my path inside school.

Why can't I just drop out? I'm only going to be Luna, and having to know what five plus five is won't help me out.

I spotted my friends, not removing my scowl as I trudged over to them. I ignored the whispers and stares of curiosity I got from fellow students.

"Hey, you holding up?" Mandy asked, snapping her gum.

"Barely." I growled. Maybe this was changing my personality? Or maybe it was just because I was in pain and I was easily irritated?

"Chase filled us in, but not everybody else. He wanted us to understand what was happening to you and to help you if needed, so just ask and we'll act." Mandy replied cheerily, ignoring my grim reply. I nodded and grabbed a piece of gum out of her stock, unwrapping it and popping it in my mouth.

"Pain start yet?" Ameth asked.

"Mhm."

"Hopefully it will go away soon." Mandy gave a pout.

"I don't know about that." Ameth started. We both snapped out heads in her direction, a question lingering in the air between us. She sighed before continuing.

"Chase explained to me how he did as much research as possible to learn about the Dark Wolf. He told me that in order to build strength and preparation for future suffering you have to go through a long period of pain, more than any other wolf would be able to take." She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. I groaned.

"And I thought it couldn't get worse than this." I grumbled. The bell rang and we all headed to our first class. Teachers would give me looks, questioning why I had showed up today. They can go fuck themselves.

Once I reached my locker there were some notes taped to it. I scanned some, then tore them off realizing they weren't to make me feel better, but to feel worse.

'You are a fucking witch'

'Die in hell'

'Join your little demons and rot to death'

Those were the few I read, and I angrily threw them into the middle of the hall, not caring anymore. I grumbled under my breath and grabbed my things, then slammed my locker shut, heading to class.

------

It was lunch now and people would not mind their own goddamn business, constantly asking questions and stating concerns. Some would give me shit, but I would tell them to piss off.

"Are you okay?"

"Is everything alright with you and Chase?"

"God, June is such a slut."

"How've you been?"

I want to stab the next person who comes up to me before they can say anything, good or bad.

"Calm down, Cassandra. We'll wave the next person off before they can talk, so chill." Ameth said before tossing another fry in her mouth. I breathed a heavy sigh before taking another bite off this fake lettuce salad.

"I'm about to snap." I muttered.

"We can tell." Mandy shifted uncomfortably in her seat before stabbing her own salad with her fork.

Another pang of pain made its way to my chest, and I instantly dropped my fork, trying to find air. Mandy and Ameth raised their glances, eyes filled with concern. I waved them off as I stood slowly. Some others gave me concerned looks.