Introduction to the Omega

Throughout my life I knew what I was, it was impossible not to.

I was a weak, unwanted Omega.

A plague, they say, a pathetic mutt that drags the pack down. Just another target for rival packs and rogue wolves.

I didn't deny it, because I knew that they were correct. They always were.

Every pack has a specific ranking, it's one we know since birth.

Alphas: the leader of the pack. Whatever your Alpha says, goes, even if you do not agree with it. They are the largest of Werewolves, Human mothers tell their children bedtime stories about them to keep them in line. Alphas are approximately 6' tall in wolf form, their power is earned by defeating the previous Alpha of their pack. This power does not come from birth, but by training and strength.

Betas: second in command. The Beta only answers to his/her/their Alpha, if they tell you to do something you better do it. The only person that can override the Beta's decision is the Alpha themselves.The Beta is one of the strongest wolves, and is one of the largest, but an Alpha surpasses it in all ways.

Gammas: third in line of command. Alphas and Betas are better than the Gamma in all respects, although the Gamma is still a higher rank than pack members. Gammas specialize in training the pack members, teaching them how to protect pack lands and defend against enemies. Any member that beats a Gamma is able to become one themselves, gaining their abilities and strength when victorious.

Healers: these are regular pack members that have become Healers or pack "doctors" that cannot fight as well as normal members. They are not above Members but they are not below them either. Healer's opinions are greatly appreciated.

Pack Members: these are the normal wolves that protect and fight for the pack. The majority of the pack is made up of Members, they are weaker then the three leaders and obey their every command. They are your average, run of the mill Werewolves. They are approximately 4' tall in wolf form. Most Members choose between being a Pack Mother (who takes care of the pups), a Hunter (who provides for the pack), or a Warrior (who protects and serves the pack).

Rogues: while most of the other wolves don't have a specific color of fur to their rank, Rogues do. They are the color of dried blood, a rusty looking red. When a wolf gets kicked out of their pack they become a Rogue. Their fur gradually becomes red and they start to become insane if they are not able to join another pack in time. Once a wolf becomes a full Rogue, they become unpredictable and dangerous. They may form "packs" of Rogues and attack unprovoked. Wolves that once went Rogue but joined a pack before they became insane keep their fur color as a warning and reminder to other Werewolves of their dangerous past.

Lone Wolves: these are the wolves that leave their old packs by choice. It depends on the person, but being packless may make them insane. Some can live like this and choose to do so, possibly living in the Human world if they find their mate that happens to be a Human or something of the sort. The ones who can live like this cannot enter pack lands without permission and are usually ignored by most packs, unless a pack is looking for new Members. Lone Wolves are as strong as the Werewolf wants to be. If the wolf trains, fights, and hunts for themselves, then they get stronger to be able to protect themselves easier. If the Lone Wolf does not, then they do not gain any strength or stamina, just like any other creature. Lone Wolves are very rare and are hard to find, if you see one then leave, they are very protective of their own territory.

Last and certainly least...

Omegas: there is only one word to describe Omegas; an abomination. The Eastside packs do not know how or why they are born, but their existence is intolerable. Like Rogues, Omegas have a fur color specific to their rank. Omegas are white. They are significantly smaller than pack Members, and are about the size of a large, normal wolf. They might as well be dogs by how useful they are. Truly distasteful these creatures seem, so packs are able to do what they wish without worrying about getting in trouble with Werewolf royalty. Most packs either kill the thing when they are first born, or keep them to use as slaves and punching bags for training.

When these detested wolves are not killed, but tortured, they are used for teaching the pups how to attack other wolves from rival packs and Rogues. They are never alowed to shift into their Human form and are punished in unthinkable ways. From the breaking of multiple bones, burning of the tongue, and my Alpha's personal favorite: mental torture. Omegas are treated as dogs, living outside on a leash and not being fed for days at a time.

They are worthless, cursed creatures and diserve to be punished for being dead weight to the pack. Those creatures are a disgrace to the Werewolf community. I am a disgrace to the Werewolf community.

I am Kaitlyn Young, and I am an Omega. Plague of the Nightlock Pack.

A/N: Here we go, rewrite of Unwanted Omega. Reminder, I am writing this on my phone, I don't have a computer so sorry about spelling mistakes. Once I start publishing the rewrite I will delete all the chapters, as you can see. I am copying and pasting into the old ones XD

I have changed A LOT of stuff if you have read this before! It is practically gonna be a new book. I may even change some characters names/ages, etc. I am not the best writer, so don't expect a lot from my lazy ass okay? Okay. Updates are slow, tbh I only started again cause y'all keep voting and commenting 😭 I love y'all soooo much!

VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE! -Katy_the_demon