Chapter 21 - Baby

"Oh.. Well, how about we go to find out if you are pregnant tomorrow?" I asked Samantha.

She shrugged, "I don't think I'm pregnant, but we can go to see."

"Okay. I'll set up an appointment now," I told her, beginning to walk out of the bathroom.

"Sarah, wait.." She stopped me. I turned around to face her before asking her, "what is it?"

"Why are you bent so nice to me when the father of my baby might be your boyfriend?" She asked me. I sighed.

"I'm your mentor. And I know we all make mistakes, but it's my job to help you, and if this is what I need to do to help you, I'll do it," I smiled, walking out of the room.

------

I had scheduled the appointment for the next day just a little before lunchtime. We went to the hospital and had filled out forms. Samantha kept thanking me so many times. I told her not to worry about it, but she kept thanking me.

"Samantha Edwards!" A nurse called out the name on her clipboard. Samantha and I stood up. I asked to make sure she wanted me to go with her. She nodded, so I followed her.

"Follow me please," the nurse instructed. We walked behind her, and soon we entered a room with a table and ultrasound equipment. Samantha laid down on the table.

The nurse squirted some gel onto Samantha's stomach and placed the wand on her stomach. She moved the wand around and pressed some buttons on the keyboard. After a minute, you could see something on the screen.

"Congratulations," the nurse smiled, pointing to a little dot on the screen, "this is the baby."

"Oh," Samantha looked at me, then back at the nurse, "well how far along am I?"

"You're, um, about eight weeks," the nurse nodded. My head hung.

"I'm sorry," Samantha apologized to me. I shook my head, "don't worry about it. I just don't know how he's going to react."

"Why are you telling me not to worry about it? He's your boyfriend-"

The nurse quickly said with a smile, "I'm going to print off some copies for you and I'll leave you to talk then, okay?"

We both nodded, and I took the copies of the ultrasound from her before she left. I think she was weirded out by us saying that Samantha's baby was also my boyfriend's.

"So how will I tell him?" She asked.

"I don't know. Will he even remember that since you were using concilium on him?"

"I have no idea, and I'm scared."

"How about I tell him, okay?"

"Thank you," she smiled, hugging me, "will this ruin you guys' relationship?"

"I don't think. I mean, I'm not mad at him for this, so I don't see why it would affect our relationship."

"I will feel really bad if it does, though," she began to cry.

"Samantha, don't cry, sweetie.. Calum and I will be just fine, I promise you. We won't break up. I'll do everything I can to keep our relationship working. I don't see why it wont," I comforted her.

"I'm just really sorry," she cried.

"We'll be fine, don't worry," I promised her. She smiled, and we got her up off the table so we could leave.

I drove us back to the academy, and there we told everyone the news. We gathered everyone around, and I announced for Samantha.

"In about seven months, we'll have a baby here. Samantha's baby," I told them. Many people gasped. I heard a lot of people ask, "who's the father?"

I guessed that Samantha had heard it too, so she ran away, crying. She was going up to our bedroom. I ran after her, trying to make sure she didn't lock the door before I got there.

I had gotten there right after her, and I grabbed the door behind her. I forced myself in, then hugged her.

"It's alright, Sam," I cried a little too, "how about I call Calum up right now and tell him to come over?"

"Okay," she hesitantly agreed. I grabbed my phone and dialed Calum's number, then waited for him to pick up.

"Hey babe," I heard when he finally picked up. I smiled when he said that, but my smile soon faded away.

"Hey Cal," I said quietly. I knew he would immediately ask what was wrong, and that's exactly what he did.

"Baby, what's going on? Are you okay? Do I need to come over?" He asked me so many questions. He was so protective.

"Yeah, could you come over?" I asked, and he automatically answered, "yes. Yes, I will. Just give me a few minutes and I'll be there, okay babe?"

"Okay. Thanks babe," I ended the call and breathed out heavily. I didn't even say "I love you," and that probably worried him. He would know something was wrong if I didn't say "I love you".

As Calum promised, he was there within a few minutes. I heard him running up the steps and into our room. Samantha and I were both crying in there, and Calum grabbed me and kissed me. I pulled away slightly, and told Samantha to tell him.

"Do you remember me using concilium on you to have sex with you?" She asked him, and he looked over at me, then back at Samantha.

"Sort of, I guess," he nodded a little. Samantha seemed like she couldn't go on with telling him, so I stepped in.

"Samantha's pregnant.. And the baby is yours," I told him, biting my lip afterwards. I didn't know what he was going to say.

Calum started crying himself. I asked him what was wrong, and he looked me in the eye before telling me, "you're probably mad at me, so I don't know what I'm going to do with this.."

~

CLIFFHANGER!!! And I'm sorry that you won't know what that thing is until next week when I update again.. I won't be updating at all this week because I go back to school and I have Honor's activities outside of school this week along with a few other things, so I won't be able to update at all. I'm sorry, but I'll talk to you guys next Sunday when I update again.

-Lizzie xx