Chapter 9 - Jokes and Scrapbooks

"Babe, please," Calum begged. I finally gave in and let him in. He smiled. He kissed me quickly before I let him farther into my old room.

"What was that about down there?" He asked.

"My dad made that stupid joke," I said through gritted teeth.

"I'm sorry, baby. Did it offend you?"

"A little, I guess. He was sort of making fun of my power, that's more like a curse. And he made fun of us, sort of. He was laughing and said, 'I see that you haven't had sex because if you did, Calum would be dead.' To me, it was sort of like he was making fun of our relationship because he was implying that I would do that, sort of. I just don't like it, really."

"Babe, I understand. I'm sure that's not what he meant. He was just trying to have some fun and make everyone laugh."

"I know. I just took it offensively.." I shrugged, still looking down.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," I sniffled.

"Let's go back downstairs, yeah?" He grabbed my hand. I stood up from the bed and walked out of my room to go downstairs.

"Sarah, I'm sorry," dad apologized. I told him it was okay, then I finished my lunch. After lunch, we just sat in the living room together and talked. My parents told Calum a lot about when I was little. We laughed about it.

Mom got out the baby pictures, and that's when I stopped her. I took them and sat on the scrapbook so nobody could look at it.

"Come on, babe, I won't make fun," Calum begged.

"No.." I told him, swatting his arm away.

"Pleeeaaaaaase......." He pouted.

"Fine," I took it out from under me and handed it to him. He smiled at me and began looking through the scrapbook.

He would go "Awww" at the cute pictures and laugh at the funny ones. Then we started seeing a lot of the pictures of me naked, and that's when I stopped him.

"It's not like I haven't seen you naked before.." He whispered in my ear. Thank god my family was looking at another scrapbook.

"Shut up," I told him.

"How much longer can we stay here?" He asked.

"Delia told me I had to be back by supper, so not much longer."

"Okay," he seemed sad. I hi I he really liked my family.

"HAHA BRANDON LOOK AT THAT PICTURE OF YOU!!" Vanessa laughed.

"Oh my god!!" I exclaimed, looking at the picture. He was making the weirdest face. I laughed at some ones of Theo too.

"Calum, look at-" I looked behind me, expecting to see Calum, but I didn't.

"CALUM?!" I called, walking into the kitchen and all throughout the house. Where was he? Where could he be?

"Calum!!" I called again, walking up the stairs. I still heard nothing. I walked into my room first, and he was looking around my room.

"What are all of these?" He asked, pointing to my trophies.

"Nothing, now Calum.. Get out of my room!" I exclaimed.

"Don't I deserve to look in your room if I'm your boyfriend. You trust me, right?"

"Yeah, I trust you, but I just don't like having people in my room, that's all.." I explained, and he nodded, understanding.

"I trust you," I promised him, grabbing his hands in mine.

"I trust you too," he smiled, then kissed each of my hands. I shook my head and kissed him on the lips.

"I love you," he kissed my cheek.

"Let's just go downstairs.." I told him.

We made our way back downstairs, and we looked at one more scrapbook before we had to leave. I said goodbye to each family member at least three times.. We walked outside, got into the car, and began the almost two-hour drive back to New Orleans.

After arriving back in New Orleans, Calum dropped me off at the academy and kissed me before I left.

"I love you," I called out to him. I heard him say it too as he left.

I walked into the academy, and there stood Nan, Queenie, Delia, Fiona, Madison, and Spalding. They were waiting for me. Why would they be waiting for me? They told me I needed to be home by supper, and it was a little before five. We eat at five-thirty, so how could I be late? I hoped there wasn't anything bad that happened..

"Where were you!?" Madison seemed mad, and Delia crossed her arms. I have them a confused look, but they just glared at me. Oh no... Was I in trouble?