Chapter 2 - Heart and Soul

"Sarah!" Madison called from downstairs.

"What Madison?" I yelled back while running down the stairs.

"Just come over here," she told me, and I heard her from the one room in particular.

"What do guys want?" I asked all three of them.

"Sit down," Nan told me, "and don't worry."

I sat down before asking, "so.. what do you guys want?"

"We just want to talk," Madison shrugged.

"And we want to know how you found out about your power," Queenie smirked.

"You guys know I don't like talking about it," I bit my lip, "but.. Since you guys are my friends, I guess I can tell you."

I explained almost every detail. How it happened, why it happened, when it happened, what went on, and everything else.

"And that's not what I expected the first time to be like," I began crying, still because of my ex-boyfriend.

"Sarah, it'll be alright," Nan soothed.

"It would be awesome to do that to someone you don't like," Madison laughed. Of course she thought that.

"But the thing is.. I really did love my boyfriend," I cried harder. The memories wouldn't stop flowing through my head.

"He was cute, huh?" Nan closed her eyes, reading my mind.

"Yeah, but that's not the only thing I loved about him. Almost everything about him was amazing."

"Almost everything?"

"Yeah, I mean nobody's perfect. Not even you," I looked right at Madison. She scoffed.

"You're going to regret saying that," Nan told me, and Queenie nodded in agreement.

"I better be going, then.. I'll be up in my room," I announced, walking back up the stairs. I don't think Madison would get really mad, but maybe she just wouldn't like me very much. That's fine. The feeling is mutual.

I took my phone out and called my mom for the first time in the two days I had been here. I wasn't going to call much, but she told me to call at least once to tell her how it was going.

"Sarah?" She asked.

"Yeah, mom, it's me," I smiled.

"How is it there? Are the other witches nice?"

"Two of them are. The other is a bitch," I began to explain. Madison could be a bitch at times, but then she could be really nice. I mean, she was an actress, so who knows how she really feels?

"Just don't get on her nerves, honey. You'll be fine if she's not mad at you."

"Well, I told her she's not perfect, and I think she's mad."

"Then just try to avoid her if she says anything mean to you. You'll be okay, I promise."

"Thanks mom," I smiled into the phone even though she couldn't see me.

"You're welcome sweetie," she hung up. I put my phone away and just sat on my bed with my head in my hands.

Cordelia walked into my room soon after. She sat down on my bed next to me and put her arm around my back.

"It'll be alright, Sarah," she rubbed my back.

"How'd you know?"

"The girls told me you ran up to your room. And I had Nan tell me what you were thinking," she explained, "don't worry. You're safe here, from what happened with your boyfriend and from what could have happened if you stayed with your parents."

"Okay. I just can't stop thinking of it. It was terrifying," I tried to push the images out of my head.

"You'll be fine, Sarah! I promise you. I won't let you get hurt or let that happen ever again. That's also a rule here, no boys. So you shouldn't have a problem with that happening," she chuckled a little.

"That's good," I laughed just a little.

"There you go!" She nudged me, "you're smiling!"

"Yeah. Thanks," I smiled.

"Anytime, Sarah. You tell me if something is bothering you, no matter when and no matter what. This is a place where witches are supposed to be safe."

"Got it."

"Good," she hugged me before leaving. She was so nice. I loved everyone here, except for Madison. And I loved everything here, except for some things that are sort of creepy.

I heard a piano playing from downstairs. When I got down there, I saw that Nan was playing a little something on the grand piano, Heart and Soul. I sat down beside her, playing the chords. She smiled at me, and I smiled back. Maybe one of my powers is telling the future, because I can see that we're going to be really good friends.