Chapter 17 - Seven Wonders

Sorry about the huge time skip:(

~

August 29, 2014

When I arrived back at the academy after coming back from Calum's, I noticed that Delia was crying. I was about to walk over to her and ask her what was the matter. That's when I noticed Nan crying too. Did something happen while I was gone? Fiona..

I ran up the stairs and looked in Fiona's room. There she laid, peacefully. At least she died in peace, most likely while she was sleeping.

We'd all now have to preform the Seven Wonders. Today was the day we found the new Supreme. I wasn't sure if I wanted it to be me or not.

We started the Seven Wonders with vitalum vitalis. We preformed it on animals that we had found outside. All of us could do it, including Mali. Next was pyrokinesis. We went down through the list and got to just the two d's left: descensum and divination. We preformed divination first, and for some reason, I couldn't do it.

Only Mali, Delia, Misty, and I preformed divination since Queenie, Nan, and Madison had been knocked out of the Wonders earlier. Misty had just come to the coven weeks before this. She was a little older than us other witches, but she was very powerful.

Mali and I failed at divination, and I was sort of glad because I had never tried descensum, and I don't want to. If you can't do it, you die.

"Whoever isn't Supreme dies.." I told Mali, worrying. I did not want Delia nor Misty to die. I loved them both. They were both like family to me.

We waited for both of them to preform descensum, or to see who could and who couldn't.

While sitting in the living room and waiting, I was talking to Mali and Nan. Suddenly, I heard someone gasping for breath. There was Delia, who had just shot up from off of the floor.

"Delia!" I exclaimed, running over to hug her, "you're the new Surpreme!"

"Yeah," she nodded, surprised.

"Congrats!" The other girls exclaimed. We all looked at Misty. The time ran out for her to come back. Delia grabbed Misty in her arms, but Misty turned to dust. We all gasped and cried a little. We were going to miss Misty.

We alerted the court of who the new supreme was, that it was Delia, and they were happy. I called Calum to come over, and he agreed.

I waited for him to come over. When he walked in, I showed him to Delia before motioning to her and telling him, "you're looking at the new Supreme."

"It's not you! I was thinking it would be you!" He exclaimed.

"Nope. I couldn't do divination. I've done it before, but I guess I haven't done it enough that I just can't do it very well. Misty tried descensum but she couldn't.." I explained to him.

"Wow.." Calum looked down.

"That's what I didn't want to happen to me," I told him. He nodded, "because if you can't do it, you'd die and turn to dust. I wouldn't want you to die.."

"I wouldn't want to leave you here if I had died," I told him, hugging him, "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Sarah!" Delia was calling a meeting in the meeting room. I kissed Calum and told him he had to go because there was a meeting. He kissed my cheek and left before I walked back to the meeting room.

"What's this meeting about?" I asked, sitting down.

"Well.. Since I'm the new Supreme," Cordelia smiled, "I was thinking of opening the coven up to the public."

"What about witch hunters?" Mali asked.

"If there would be any witch hunters to find us, I think we'd be strong enough to take them down without any deaths. We have concilium,  pyrokinesis, transmutation, telekinesis, and a human voodoo doll. They'll all help us take down an unwanted person in this coven."

"That's true," I nodded, looking at the others, "if one of us controls them with our concilium, and Queenie uses her voodoo skills, we'll have him killed in no time. And if he tries to shoot one of us, we can use transmutation. We'll use pyrokinesis on them if we have to."

"That's great! I'd love to open the coven to the public, telling them that whenever they find that they have special powers, they can come here and they can develop their powers even better and learn more about their background. They'll be safe, too," Mali nodded.

"There are a lot of girls out there that know about their powers but don't know what to do with them. We can help them," Delia smiled at us, "but I'll need you guys' support and help. Will you do it?"

"Yes!" We all said simultaneously.

"Awesome!" Nan exclaimed.

Delia automatically alerted the public and called up the local news company. We wanted a part done on the academy here, and they agreed. Cordelia was such a good Supreme, and she seemed so excited too. I was happy for her and sort of glad I wasn't the Supreme because I'd never be as great of one as she is.

"Aren't you so happy that this is happening? It's so exciting to get new girls in here to learn about their powers. I love helping girls develop their powers," Delia exclaimed to me. I nodded, telling her I was happy too. It was going to be great.