>> fifteen

"You look beautiful, Katja," Cassie assures me as she rolls the end of my braid between her fingers. She helped me get a nice outfit from someone in the pack, one that Greyson didn't have a say in. Actually, he hasn't even seen me yet.

I look at my reflection. Glad in a beige sleeved and knee-length dress with black embroidery, I am only missing shoes that are next to me on the floor, missing someone to walk in them. My black hair is braided over one shoulder and due to Cassie's insist, I wasn't wearing any makeup.

Every Alpha in the world was coming together to see me. I am feeling nervous, yet at the same time feeling as if I am being showed off like an object. I still haven't gotten the grasp over all this Moon Goddess' daughter thing and already I am expected to act according to it?

"You look worried," Cassie mentions and I turn around to look at her with a suspicious look.

"Can you read minds too?"

Cassie laughs and shakes her head. "Hah, no. And I'm glad I can't either. I've heard of the things Greyson gathers from some people's minds. It's a curse rather than a blessing." I frown as I look at her standing there so calmly. How come he has never told me anything like this. Of course our 'never' is the shortest thing ever too.

"Greyson mentioned a gift from the Lycans?" I ask silently.

Cassie nods. "Yes. It's something every daughter has received from us ever since the first one. She started the tradition." Cassie smiles fondly and shakes her head. "We were all so clumsy when she first arrived. We weren't yet familiar with everything. She knew more than we did, the Goddess was instructing her over her dreams. You should have seen us all. Even Greyson. He was at first very hurt that he was supposed to be immortal for the rest of his life. He saw it as a curse, he couldn't understand. Over time he changes, but he remained bitter over the entire ordeal, it got even worse when he was not predicted a mate. I really can't believe how strong he remained."

Cassie looks at me with wonder in her eyes. "But you sure were someone to wait for."

I nibble on my lower lip gently and then smile softly. "My mother told me I chose him. That out of all her daughters I was the only one craving for a mate of my own. And apparently, I had already chosen Greyson as well."

Cassie looks at me with big eyes. "Really? Have you told him of this?" Of course I haven't. I had chances to tell him, of course. But somehow I never came to telling him. Perhaps it is because I still don't remember it enough to tell him about it.

I shake my head and look down at my hands. "If I tell him of this, I want to know more about it too. But I don't remember it myself, so it seems unfair to tell him about a memory I should have, but don't." The disappointment in my voice is as clear as it seems to me. I know the Goddess – my mother – told me that I will remember it, but now that I know there are memories of even Greyson I don't possess is making me more curious.

"I understand," Cassie assures me and I look up at her. "Sort of," she adds shortly after and the both of us chuckle. "Anyways, we really need to go. People are starting to arrive and the sooner you start welcoming them, the easier it will be for you.

I nod understandingly and slip into the shoes on the side. They aren't that high as I told Cassie I can't walk in very high heels. Cassie only cheered because she thinks shorter girls look better next to Greyson. It is just another thing I laughed at.

I twist my arms behind me nervously as we begin walking towards the center of the entire pack. Everyone we see, gazes at me with different emotions. I am too nervous to continue looking at them and instead look to Cassie. She gives me a soft smile. I understand. Sort of.