>> eight

I accidentally published this before I was finished, so I unpublished it. Just letting you know that if you got a notification, sorry!

I trailed my finger along the glass window, just as the door on the other side opened and Caroline climbed into the SUV along with Terri. I threw them a silent welcoming look, before getting back to the rain droplets on the glass, urging my one to go faster and speed ahead others.

"How are you?" Terri asked softly and I gave the girl a smile.

"Tired. Otherwise, good," I told her and she smiled as well.

"Must have been a good shock when you saw the tires, right?" Caroline asked and Terri glared at her.

"Don't you think it might have been a bigger shock when that rogue approached her? Come on, Caroline. The tires were nothing," Terri argued. "She was attacked, for Goddess' sakes!"

"But I'm fine," I insisted and she stared at me in silence.

"No, you're not. You saw a man being killed and I assume you've never seen that before.

I looked at her before I hung my head, letting my hair curtain around me. "I have seen men being killed. Our pack was once attacked and I somehow got to the fight scene," I said and Caroline's eyes widened.

"We were all banned from that!" she insisted and I pursed my lips, nodding. Indeed, every female and child or teen was banned from approaching the battle field. Everyone were locked in their houses and to this day I don't know how I got there. I was absolutely terrified, that much I remember. I was maybe twelve at the time.

"I know," I let her know and brought my legs to my chest before looking out the window again. It had been raining for the past hour that the Lycans spent in another pack. This time, however, Greyson decided to leave me into the car, banning me from leaving. And honestly, I was kind of terrified of what might happen if I argued him.

"It's just... It's different this time.  My own mate k..." I said and choked on the next word. I couldn't say it.

"That's what the Lycans do," Terri said and she pressed herself sitting between me and Caroline. I appreciated, having a sort of a liking for Terri that Caroline didn't get from me and me and her have only exchanged a few words. "We might hate it, a lot even, but we also love them and there's nothing we can do about it. Lycans are who rule this world we live in. And until they find the daughter, they stay charge. Then she will become the one."

I pursed my lips, still not understanding the beauty in being the Goddess' daughter. It was a difficult title to hold, and I was proved of it every once in a while. Suddenly I was brought back of the memory of that man, the rogue. He had said something about a Ruby and I pursed my lips. Was that the daughter's name?

I couldn't ask Terri, because the doors opened and the girls stormed out. I looked after them in surprise, but a moment later the door beside me opened as well and I slid to the middle, letting Greyson sit in.

He looked very serious and sort of angry. I didn't dare question it, just sat silently in my place. My wolf let out a small whine, feeling the coldness of our mate as well, but I didn't try to comfort her. I didn't know what to say. All three of the SUVs that the bunch of Lycans traveled in were filled again to it's maximum compasity and we were off on the road again.

I leaned further back into my seat, goosebumps covering my skin from the way Greyson was. I was already used to him being so affectionate and easy-going with me. But then I was afraid that if I said anything, he'd get cold with me.

I sighed and leaned my head back as well and closed my eyes, deciding to take a small nap instead. It was getting late and I had always been a deep sleeper. In fact, I believe I slept most of the days. Sleep was a good escape. Dreams were a good distraction.