The door bell rang again. “Who now?” I grumbled.

            I opened the door to see Aubrey. She immediately made a smile blossom onto my face. “Hey, beautiful!” I wrapped her into my arms and gave her a lingering kiss.

            When we pulled away, she rested her forehead on mine. “Hi, handsome. Your girlfriend missed you,” she breathed.

            I chuckled. “Your boyfriend missed you, too.”

            “Well, guess what?”

            “What?”

            “I love you!”

            “No way! Me too!”

            “Okay, barf. Best friend present here,” Aiden interrupted.

            I stared at Aubrey whilst grinning as I shooed my hand at Aiden from behind. “Shush. Go fall down a well and die or something.”

            “Thanks man. I feel your hospitality. Go on ignore me. I’m just going to watch some Ellen DeGeneres.”

            “Yeah yeah.” I intertwined me and Bree’s fingers. “Here, come in, Bree. Sorry for making you stand out there.”

            “Actually, I just came to stop by quickly to see you,” Bree admitted. “I’m going to the mall with Brooke and some friends.” She pointed to Brooke’s car that was double parked in front of my house.

            Brooke rolled down the passenger window and shouted at me, “Hi, bitch!”

            I laughed and wiggled my fingers at her. “Hi, whore! You’re in public you know!”

            “And little bad boy cares?”

            “Touché.”

            Aubrey pecked my lips. “Bye. I got to go now. Text me, love ya!” She skipped down the porch steps and waved at me.

            “See ya, babe!” I shot back and locked the door as they drove off.

            Aiden tugged my arm. “Come with me, Jayden.”

            “What are we doing?” I asked him.

            “Just be quiet and follow me,” he ordered as he started to ascend upstairs.

            As soon as we were in the hallway, Aiden opened the door to my dad’s bedroom. “Wow, poor man. He really needs a guys’ night out,” I whispered.

            We tiptoed into the room. Aiden agreed, “Yeah, he does.”

            The blinds were closed keeping the sun out. Dad was underneath the covers curled up and sleeping. You can tell by his face that he had been sobbing again.

            Aiden’s face suddenly lit up. “I have an idea.”

            “What is it?” I wondered.

            He grinned. “Me, you, your dad, my dad. Let’s all go clubbing!”

            I thought about. “Great idea! He needs it.”

            “Let’s wake Drew up first…” Aiden pulled open the blinds and yelled, “Rise and shine cry baby!”

            I pulled the covers off of him. “Get yo ass up, Dad!”