Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I went to take my seat next to Aubrey just as a few guys were about to approach her. But they stopped when I plopped down next to her. They knew who I was and they figured they won't get a chance with the girl with me next to her. Well, heads up, nothing is gonna happen with this chica.

I didn't say hi. I just sat there avoiding her, hoping homeroom would finish quickly. I looked up to the clock. It has been since I sat down beside her 1 minute and 11 seconds... 12 seconds... 13 seconds ...14 sec...

"Hello."

I looked around at the girls staring at me. They were smiling with excitement as I observed them to see which one was talking.

I heard chucking next to me. "Over here, Jayden. It seems my voice just makes you look the other way." I turned to my left facing Aubrey. Jeesh, I'm such an idiot.

Without thinking, I blurted out, "Well, I'm not familiar with voices that sound like angels." I slapped my hand over my mouth. I'm not supposed to be flirting, but in my defense, it was the truth.

"Why thanks," she blushed.

"You're welcome," I responded automatically. I looked her over to see she was wearing black skinnies, a low-cut striped shirt, and black vans, and her waves were flowing gracefully down her back. Wow, she not only was she hot. She was the most beautiful person I've ever seen.

Keep your mind sane, Jayden. Don't get pulled in, it's only bad. I slapped myself mentally. Okay, weird, ouch, that actually hurt! What the hell?

I rubbed my cheek, surprised I actually smacked myself. "Sorry," Aubrey apologized, "I didn't mean to slap you. You just dazed off." Okay, good, I didn't smack myself so now I won't look like a freak.

"Really?"

"Yeah. So anyways, I was wondering if we had any of the same classes. I mean, like it would be nice to know someone." I'm sorry, Aubrey, but just might not happen.

"Well, I don't really think making friends will be hard for you," I smirked while gesturing around to all the boys and a few girls who weren't glaring at us. Aubrey looked shocked like she couldn't believe what she was seeing. I laughed at her expression and took her schedule from her hands.

My eyes widened. Remember when I said it was going to be impossible to avoid her? Well, it's gonna be really impossible to avoid her. We have almost all our classes together. Ironic much?

It caught my eye that she had double Music last like I had double Art last. Our school is really big on the fine arts. "Congrats, we have most classes together. What instrument do you play?" I asked Audrey.

"Percussion, ever since middle school," Aubrey replied happily. I was impressed. Percussion was usually something a guy would go for. "And you?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. I'm an artist."