Part 10

(© Akailia Roper)

Quote for this chapter is:

I left my memories behind in search of freedom, but they still follow me as I walk towards the future. Dark thoughts of a different life, where dreams spend their days in a cage and love is nothing but pain.

-Christy Ann Martine.

10.

Wynter's point of view.

"Baby, you'll do what I tell ya', and when I tell ya.'" I was defiantly trying to stand my ground, but my resolve was crumbling with every fist that dug into any part of my naked body.

"I don't have to do anything you tell me." I said through painfully clenched teeth. I winced in agony of his right fist, my body jerking from the sudden movements.

"When are you going to understand? Huh Wynter? Baby I own you. You belong to me! You are my property and that means you do whatever the fuck I tell you to, or you'll be getting another beating and you'll be spending the rest of the week in the Black room." He growls, inches from my face. His hot breath did nothing to warm my ice-cold body. I recoiled in disgust from the spittle that flew from his mouth. Anger registered in his eyes at my movements, he saw it as another act of defiance and thought an additional round of abuse was just. I could hardly keep my eyes open as blood pooled from my mouth.

"Take her to the Black room." I heard the faint command, as I felt myself being lifted from the carpeted floor before I was slung over someone's broad shoulder; causing me to choke on a gasp as a shock of pain raced up my sides.

"Kid, its best you do what he tells ya'" I heard as I was being lowered to the cold ground after a few agonizingly slow minutes. A gentle hand pushed strands of hair from my bloodied face. "Rest up kid." I could hear his shoes as he made his way to the door. He closed the door behind him and then slid the dead-bolt into place. I welcomed darkness as my eye lids got heavy and slowly the pain dissipated and was replaced with cool numbness.

The warm glow of the evening sun that pooled in through the trees outside the window, wrapped my body in a soothing blanket of peace as I listened to the busy world. The symphony of car horns blaring let me know the roads were probably packed with busy commuters.

I was physically and emotionally tired of having so much feelings swarming me, which was as draining to my body as it was to my mind, but I didn't go to sleep as I was told, not because I didn't want to but because I found it extremely difficult to close my eyes without seeing a haunting memory that I never knew I had. Every one of them held some sort of secret that I was hoping I wasn't going to be figuring out anytime some.

I hate that I was forced to forget everything and then forced to remember it all. It's as if my mind was putty that was there to entertain someone. The worst part is I would have been able to live the rest of my life without ever having to remember my past. There aren't any good memories so far as I'm concerned I should hate the twins for making me remember, but I just couldn't. I guess I should be a little happy that I'm remembering, I mean I'll be able to know who I am and where I've come from. I hadn't remembered everything that was of importance yet, but I remembered somethings and it would only be a matter of time for me to understand fully what happened.

I sighed, rolling over in the bed and kicking the covers from my legs. I ran my hands over my face to rid myself of some of the stress that I was feeling. Heaving another sigh, I rolled back over onto my back when I still couldn't relax. I got out of the bed as there was a soft knock at the door.