Chapter 6- Reveal

This is the last chapter of this story!

The cafe was dimly lit and deadly quite, a figure stood slouched over the counter, scrubbing it down.

"Damn you guys are late." Touka said.

"It's not that late, it's only like 4."

"Well it's Sunday so you should have known we close early."

"I know, I know. Hey can we have two black coffees?" Kaneki asked.

Touka nodded and began pouring coffee grinds into the filter.

Kaneki and Hide sat down silently at their usual table, staring out at the large flakes falling gently from the grey sky.

Touka placed their coffee on the table and walked upstairs, tired from a days work.

The two sipped at coffee, silent, watching the sun slowly set.

"Why is it getting dark?" Asked Hide.

"It's winter dumbass."

"Oh.Right. Well I better get home before it's too dark."

"Just stay here, it's dangerous."

"Nope. I can't stay again and bother you!"

"You don't bother me!"

"No Kaneki. I'm going home. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, just text me when you get home."

"I will. Bye!"

Hide left, leaving the bell above the door ringing for a few seconds.

Kaneki set the two cups in the sink and went upstairs. It was dimly lit and all the door were closed except for Touka's.

Kaneki peered in her room. She sat curled up on the couch, on her phone. We looked up to him and stood.

"You just let him leave? With you're scent on him I can bet something will happen to him."

"Calm Down! I'm going to change and grab my mask, I'm gonna follow him home."

" You better." Touka mumbled, slamming her door.

Kaneki ran to his room and quickly changed, grabbing his mask from a nearby drawer.

He made his way up to the roof silently. He released his kagune, something he had not done in a while. He hopped building to building, Hide's scent getting stronger with every step. A few buildings ahead, he saw Hide, but smelled something nearby.

Ghoul.

The half ghoul sped up, knowing the ghoul was probably lurking in a nearby shadow. When he was a building ahead of Hide, he looked down to the alleyway below, seeing a dark figure.

He waited a moment, seeing what the ghoul would do. As Hide approached, he was slammed into the wall, hanging above the cold ground by a warm hand around his neck. Kaneki jumped down, slamming the ghoul out of the way, Hide falling to the ground, gasping for air.

"This is my territory, got it buddy? No one hunts around here but me." Kaneki said in a deep voice.

"Sorry Eyepatch. Thought you were dead." The ghoul said oddly calm. He walked off calmly.

"Bastard." Kaneki hissed.

There was fear in Hide's eyes, something Kaneki never thought he would see.

"A-Are you g-gonna kill me?" He asked shaking down to the bone.

"No, why would I? I don't kill humans, and I couldn't kill you."

"Wait- that voice. I know your voice." Hide looked up with sad eyes.

"K-Kaneki?"

Kaneki stayed silent, how could he know? The mask muffled his voice and caused it to sound deeper, it sounded nothing like him.

Hide stood, pulling Kaneki's mask down to reveal his friend he had known his whole life.

"Kaneki? Why didn't you tell me man?"

"You would hate me."

"I could never hate you, well cause...." His words trailed off.

"Cause what?"

"I love you."

"I love you too Hide."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"YAY!" He screamed.

He leaned forward pecking the ghoul on the cheek, blushing as he pulled away.

"Hide, I'm a ghoul."

"Yeah, what about it."

"Aren't you scared?"

"No. I don't care about that man! I love you for who you are."

"Really?"

"Yes."

Hide reached out his hand, intertwining his fingers with Kaneki's, flashing him a warm smile.

"Let's go home."

I wanted to finish up the series quickly, and thought I would end it on a good note. Hope you enjoyed and thank you for 100 reads! Love you!

A/N as of March 2021: WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL READING THIS?? I WROTE IT IN 8TH GRADE IM IN COLLEGE NOW THIS SUCKS

A/N as of September 2021: my college friends have found this fic, nothing can save me now. goodbye. i'm going to go die in a hole.

-GayShipsAreYayShips