Part XX - Let's talk about it

"I'm sorry Shintaro but I already have a partner," you said, sadly. You don't know why you feel such a way but that's how it is. He's a good person and now, he's giving you a favor to be his partner but you rejected him. Now, you really feel bad about it. If only Kuroko's friend didn't asked you in the first place.

"R-Really? I..." He paused, "I think I have interrupted your-."

"No, you're not, Shintaro. And... I'm really sorry if I am not able  to be your partner for tomorrow."

He pulled off a sigh to shake away the strange feeling inside him. "That's alright, (First name). I'm just... thinking if I will have a chance."

You gave a small smile. "Thank you, Shin-chan. I appreciate you for even thinking of me."

He went still after that. He didn't expect you to call him that way. For that particular reason, his heart starts to beat rapidly.

"Well..." you mutter when he didn't say anything. "Is that all, Shin-chan?"

Hearing it snaps him back to his senses. "Y-Yes..."

Then, he heard a yawn. "I think you have to sleep then, (First name). Sorry for calling you up this late."

You let out a soft laugh, "It's not a big deal. Anyways, thank you again. So, good night Shintaro. Bye."

He didn't know why but, "H-Hold on..."

"Yes? Shin-chan?"

He gulped and try to speak the words out. He doesn't understand why but he needs to find out who her partner is. "Do you mind if..." He takes a deep breath, "If I ask who your partner is?"

"Shin-chan..." she mutters out, slightly surprised.

Damn it! – He curses out on his head. "Ah, i-it's okay if you-."

"Izuki... Shun Izuki..." she suddenly said that made him still.

-----

"Takao... what is it that you want to -."

"I want a Divorce, (Best friend's name)."

Then it hit her. His word hit her on the heart. "But Takao-."

"We have to do this. I want a divorce, (Best friend's name). If we continue this-."

"No..." she immediately replied under her breath. She looks up at him, her eyes are showing the broken person within her.

Guilt crawled up inside his chest as he saw her eyes shimmering with tears. But then again, he already decided. They will only hurt each other more if they keep this marriage longer.

It's already been this way from the start.

He was her childhood friend. A brother to be leaned on whenever she needs someone. A person she can rely on if she needs help.

That's how it has been and always would.

He already told her that. He made everything clear for her.

However...

She didn't. She couldn't' accept it.

She has always been in love with him.

She kept her feelings longer until she gained enough courage to tell him.

But he already loves somebody else.

And she couldn't believe that the girl he loves... was her very own Best Friend, (First name).

She never expected it until she let them meet one day.

And she regretted it... She would only lie on her own self if she did not felt it.

She's jealous. So jealous of (First name).

But, she can't do anything. She can't even hurt her, but she also loves Takao. Her feelings for him are so strong that she will do everything she can just to make Takao love her.

Only her...

Just then, her father began to have a partnership with Takao's father. To get their company's share, my father had them in an arranged marriage.

His father was hesitant... he probably knows that his son is already in a relationship.

Then everything got complicated.Takao's company was in verge of bankruptcy. Right then, his father suddenly agreed to her father's proposition.

She remembers the night when they officially got engaged and the day they got married.

She thought he would change... his feelings for him will change... but, it never happened.

And now, he's asking her something that is very hard for her to do.

"No, Takao... please... d-don't do this... I..."

"(Best friend's name)... I'm sorry but I already decided... we can't go on like this..."

"No, Takao.... we still can... we can work this out... please Takao. I'm begging you... don't do this... Don't do this to me... " her face is now dripping wet. "Don't do this to me..." her voice is now shaking.

"I'm sorry (Best friend's name)... I tried. I tried for your sake... I did love you... but only-."

"No, don't say it... don't... I don't wanna hear about it..."

"But (Best friend's name), I have-."

"You're hurting me, Takao..."

"And I will hurt you more if we keep this."

"I love you... I have been and always be in love with you, Takao... can't you feel it? Don't you see it?"

His look turns soft. "I know... I've felt it (Best friend's name)... but..." then his expression change again... "I already love someone... I can't love you just like what you want (Best friend's name)... I don't  want to hurt you more than it already was... don't make-."

"Takao..." she whispers out in a sob.

Seeing her that way brought him a pang of gut-clenching guilt. "(Best friend's name)..."

After a while, she suddenly looks up at him, her eyes flowing with tears... her hand reaches out for him and held it like it was her lifeline, that if he let go, she would probably die at any moment. He hated this feeling. He hated the fact that he had to hurt her out of his own selfishness.

"Takao, please... not now... let's talk about it... s-some other time... I just..." she trailed off as she forced the word out from her mouth... "I just can't..."

"(Best friend's name)..."

----

"Shun Izuki... he's my partner, Shin-chan..."

He went silent. He doesn't know what to say or react, and hearing the name, he couldn't describe the feeling.

'What is this...feeling...?' - He wondered.

"Shin-chan? Are you there? Shin-chan?"

He was snap back from his trance as he heard her voice again. "I-I'm sorry, (F-First name)... I was just..."

"No, it's okay. I guess we really should sleep now. It's already late..."

"O-Okay..." he said in a thick voice.

"Good night, Shin-chan."

"Good night..."

Then the line went dead but, his cellphone is still on his ears while he tries to understand what been happening.