Chapter 16: Yeah Right! This Was Like My First Day In Hell....o How Are You?

Start from the beginning

The phone started to right again to that weird tune. David reluctantly picked up the phone, and I lifted my head up to meet a furious gaze. “Yeah,” he said bluntly, still glaring at me. “No not really, I wouldn’t like that,” he said sourly, and thunder boomed outside once again. I jumped, and stared out the window.  “Yeah, tell them I’ll see them now if you’re that desperate,” David said, his tone completely different. “Carol wait tell them we have a…guest.”

“What’s wrong?”

He rubbed his jaw, as if there is stubble there and then he pushed into his desk. “How good are you at lying?” he suddenly asked, flipping his brown hair out of his eyes.

I shrugged, “I’m alright…it depends what the situation is—“

“Well that’s too bad, because you need to pretend to be my lover for the next—“he checked his watch, “—fifteen minutes. Or else these people will probably throw you off of the building,” he stated simply. I stared in shock, at how serious he sounds.

“Off the building, as if they will literally throw me off the building? And why would I ever—why in the world would I ever do that?” I retorted, getting up from my seat.

“Because…I’ll pay you ten thousand dollars for today and I’ll let you go home early,” he bargained, avoiding the whole ‘off the building’ topic.

I pressed my fingers to my temple, “I’m drenched! I don’t look good, my shirt is probably see through—“

“--they’ve seen a bit worse in this room, trust me. Please, please do this for me,” he begged, and even pouted a little.

I put my head back, trying to avoid the puppy dog look. It didn’t work. “Fine, but don’t be in shock if I quit afterwards.”

“I'm ok with that.” He pointed a finger at me; his face a mask, “But you have to make this realistic, and believable. Or else you will find me extremely unhappy; an emotion you do not want me to have.”

 *******************************************************************************************************

“When are they coming?” I asked for the third time.

David leaned on the opposite end of the couch, keeping his distance from me. I know he’s trying to avoid me because his arm is literally behind the couch. “I’m hoping that they see you, and they leave,” he replied, leaving me in shock that he actually answered me.

I crossed my arms over my chest, suddenly getting a cold breeze. David clenched his jaw, and his eye twitched. “W-what?”

“Nothing, just stay back a little,” he mumbled, his voice sounding a bit different. “I’m…not feeling right all the sudden.”

“Are you going to throw up?” I scooted all the way to the end of the huge couch, then put a hand through my wet hair, brushing my long bangs back. I’m so glad I grew them out, or else my hair would look like crap right now. I leaned back on the couch, and started to play with my wet shirt. This is so redicu—

He man next to me muffled a loud curse, and clutched his stomach, he squeezed his eyes shut and leaned back onto the couch. “Not good!” he let out, as if he can’t breathe. I moved in, and reached a hand out. “Don’t touch me!” he screamed, and pushed his face away from me. He started to wheeze heavily, and tear at his shirt. He stood up walked to the middle of the room, and clawed at the tie at his neck. The office phone started to ring, and he clutched his ears as if it is too loud.

“What are you doing?” I cried, standing up.