62

Steve

"Victoria!" I call, sprinting after her.
I try my best to not slip on the ice coated floors. Tori winds her way through the building, trying to get out. I almost ram into agents as I run, quickly apologizing to them and continue to follow Tori. We stop running when we reach the outdoors.
She drops to the ground, her fingertips barely skimming the sidewalk. Thick ice spreads over the cement, air coming in all directions. The swoosh of air knocks me to the ground, my back slamming against the sidewalk.
I slowly rise, still sitting on the ground. I watch Tori weep into her her hands. More ice covers the ground and it spreads to the front entrance of S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters.
"Tori," I choke out.
She doesn't hear me. She continues to cry, making my heart break.
"Tori, please listen to me." I beg, standing up.
I carefully walk over to her resting a hand on her shoulder. She immediately turns around and jumps away from my touch.
"N-No, Steve, please go away," Tori pleads, hiding her hands behind her back. "I don't want to hurt you."
"Tori," I say, kneeling to the ground in front of her. "You aren't going to hurt me. You haven't before and you aren't going to now."
She looks away, squeezing her eyes shut. I take her face in my hands, forcing her to look at me.
"Victoria, you aren't going to hurt anyone." I tell her.
She slowly peels her eyes open, showing her fear. Her eyes are electric blue, not brown. I remove my hands and take hers from behind her back. I hold her hands in mine, staring into her now blue eyes.
"Our promise," I whisper to her.
She takes her hands away and cups my face. She presses her lips to mine. As I kiss back, I put my arms around her. I hear the ice cracking, slowly melting in the sun.
"I'm so sorry," she sobs, wrapping her arms around my neck. "I'm so sorry."
I take her into my arms, allowing her to cry. I whisper comforting things to her, things to make the tears stop. They eventually do, so we are just on the ground embracing.
I hear footsteps walking through the melted ice toward us. I turn my head to look at him. He gives me a sad smile and glances at Tori.
     "Tori," Tony mumbles. "I really didn't mean it. I'm as scared and confused as you are. Please, don't be mad at me."
      "I'm not," Tori sniffs, looking at him.
     I glance at Tori, seeing that her eyes are now brown.
     "No one except you and Fury know what happened in there, I shouldn't have acted like that." Tony says to his sister.
     Tori leaves my arms and goes into Tony's.
     "I shouldn't have gotten mad at either of you." Tori says.
     Tony mouths something to me, something that takes me a minute to process: thank you. I nod and watch Tori leave his arms.
     "Let's go," Tori says.