27

"Steve?" I call into my earpiece.
     There is no response from Captain America. Nervousness quickly comes over me, but I try to focus on my work. I start to shoot the agents, taking them down one by one while everyone else does their own specialty. I pull the trigger of my guns, hitting every H.Y.D.R.A. agent in sight.
     Then, the worst happens. One of my guns runs out of bullets. No biggie, I can just use my other one and reload later. That all goes according to plan, but after a while, the other one runs out of bullets.
     I curse again and sprint out of the center of the base to a hallway. I pant heavily against the wall and reload my guns. Once I do, I am about to head back into battle. Then, I hear grunts and the clash of metal down the hallway.
     I follow the noise, silently running down the hallway. I come to the source of the noise when I go into a small room. It has a ramp going down and concrete walls and floors. I walk down the ramp and I see my worse nightmare occurring on the opposite side of the room.
     I see Tony in his suit pinned against the wall by Steve, my brother obviously hurt. Steve punches him and kicks him, anything that can hurt Tony. I can't do anything but watch it all go down, tears forming in my eyes.
     "Steve," I choke out. "Steve."
     Captain America doesn't listen, instead he punches Tony harder. I drop to the ground, tears streaming down my face.
     "Stop it," I say. "Please."
     Tony eventually falls onto the ground, his head resting on his shoulder as if he were unconscious.
     "Steve!" I shout.
     Steve snaps his head in my direction, not saying a word. Just by seeing his eyes, I know that H.Y.D.R.A. has done something to him.
     "Victoria Stark," he laughs coldly. "What are you doing here?"
     He walks toward me, ready to attack. Once he gets close enough, he pulls me up with one hand by my collar.
     "Steve," I say. "It's me."
     He gets close to my face with an evil grin plastered across his face. "Yes it is, dear."
     "This isn't you, Steve." I tell him. "Please, come back to me."
     "What are you talking about, woman? This is me." he says.
     "You aren't speaking for yourself, it's H.Y.D.R.A. that is."
     "You're delusional."
     "Remember that cake yesterday?" I ask him.
     He stares blankly into my eyes, but says nothing.
     "And how you stayed with me last night?"
     He puts me down, becoming normal again.
     "You said that you'd do anything for me, and I'm asking you to come back to me."
     His eyes are full of so many emotions: anger, question, sadness, and pain. Steve is in between the state of control and weakness. He opens his mouth to speak, but nothing comes out.
     "Steve, please," I beg, another hot tear rolling down my cheek.
     "T-Tori?" he chokes out.
     "Yes, it's me." I smile.
     "I-It's you." he says.
     I can't hold it back anymore. The happiness over flows and I take his face in my hands and press my lips squarely on his.