5

"I'm surprised it's not better than this," I laugh, holding up the walkie-talkie.
     The man chuckles and stares at it. I hear Steve tampering with equipment in the circuit board to the building inside of a closet. I press the button and hold it up to the man's mouth.
     "Speak," I bark quietly.
     The man hesitates, but does as I command. "Hey, John," he says.
     "What? What do you want?" an American voice says on the other line.
     "Where is the button that repeats previous calls? I need to prove Matthew here something that I told you earlier. I'm going to get twenty bucks for it." the man says.
     "The blue one," the voice groans with annoyance.
     "Thanks," the man says.
     I release the button and press the blue one. I hear it scroll through recordings, trying to make out any words.
     "Stop," the man says.
     I release the blue button and it vibrates with voices. It is staticky at first, but then becomes easy to understand the words that are being spoken.
     "-communication device is on the computer," the same voice from a moment ago says. "You need to hit the microphone software and click John Robinson. Then, you can click any recording that you wish."
I make a mental note of the name.
     "Thanks, man," the man in black's voice echoes through the machine.
     I stop the recording and drop the walkie-talkie onto the floor, crunching it beneath my boot.
     "Cap," I say, trying to not give away his name. "Babysit for me while I get the recordings."
     "On it," Steve says, standing in my original spot and having his shield ready to throw.
     I scan the desk for a computer, eventually finding a laptop. I flip the top up, revealing the blinking screen. There is an empty box and above it reads Password.
"Password," I bark to the man.
"One, three, seven, five." he mutters.
I quickly punch in the numbers and the computer unlocks. It displays multiple windows and programs on the home screen. I scan for the microphone picture and find it in the bottom left corner of the screen. I double click the program and a new page blinds my eyes because of the white backdrop of the names listed on the screen. I scroll through the list, finding Robinson, John in alphabetical order. I double click the mouse and a new page flickers onto the screen.
"Thanks, whatever your name is," I say to the man.
"My absolute pleasure," he flirts, winking at me.
I hear Steve's shield adjust in his hand, making a metallic sound. The man snorts and the other man whispers something into his ear, which he chuckles to.
"A gun, please," Steve asks me, clenching his teeth.
Still clicking through the screen, trying to find the correct file, I toss him a spare gun and he catches it. He aims the gun at the two men, going back and forth between the two as I did, muttering threats to them.
There are so many files on the computer. It feels like I am scrolling through for hours until I find the correct one. I double click the tab that reads Communication. It has more files. Of course it does, just my luck. I find one that says Main Source. I look through it, my eyes stopping at SHUT DOWN. I grin and click it. I take a USB drive from my boot and put it in the computer. I mash a few buttons and get back to where it reads all of the names. I highlight every single name and copy it to the USB. I take it out and shove it back into my boot.
"Done," I say, grinning from success.
"Okay," Steve says. He presses his earpiece and speaks. "Bring in the agents."
I cock my head at him and raise an eyebrow.
"S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to take these guys," he says, pointing the gun at the men.
"Wait, what?" I ask.
"Fury sent in agents after we left, just in case. So, they're here to take H.Y.D.R.A. agents, like these two."
"Oh, that makes sense. I have a feeling that Fury isn't telling me something. I mean, yeah, not as obvious as this, but something bigger." I say, crossing my arms.
"I feel the same,"
"Are you going to be okay while I help the others?" I ask.
"Don't worry about me, ma'am." he says politely.
"We need to get out of that stage," I say smiling.
"Okay, Tori." Steve grins.
     I laugh and pull out my gun. I am about to walk out the door, but I turn around to check on Steve one last time. I smile when I see him making sure that I get out alright. He quickly snaps his head around to the men, grinning sheepishly. I blush and leave the room.