"Yes, I am! Now what do you think?"

"Fine! We both can be queens, now can you shut it and sneak out with me?"

We tiptoed down to the front door and had just reached it when there was a crash behind us. I turned and gasped when I saw all the people in the room. Serendipity cursed, grabbed me by my arm, then pushed me out the door before her and racing us to her black BMW M6 convertible. She practically threw me into the passenger seat, then started up the car and tore out of the driveway and away from the pack house.

"Phew, that was close!"

"I thought you said they were all out back!"

"I thought they were!"

"Next time, we're double-checking."

She nodded vigorously and glanced in the rear view mirror. I turned and looked out the back, sighing when no one was there. She eased off the accelerator and we coasted down to a more reasonable speed for the highway instead of going near 130 mph. She pulled out a pair of sunglasses and put then on, then handed me another pair. I shrugged and put them on, leaning back in the seat and relaxing, loving the feeling of the wind on my skin.

"Thank you for convincing me to leave that room! I really needed this escape!"

"What are friends for? Besides, Caleb wouldn't let me out unless it was with someone and no one had time for me except you."

"So this is more for your benefit?" I turned my head to look at her and laughed at her excited grin.

"Maybe... Why do you care? You're not stuck in your room anymore, are you? Yeah, I'm waiting for the apology and a 'Thanks, Serendipity! You're the best!' So get started."

"I apologize and thank you so very much, Serendipity! You're the best person on this planet!"

"Oh you're so very welcome, Legna."

"You really should stop smiling like that. You look like a cross between the Joker and the Cheshire Cat."

Her grin got wider and I laughed. She turned up the music and started dancing along to it. After a few more seconds, I recognized it as Monster by Paramore. We started screaming out the lyrics as she took the exit for the mall.

There were catcalls from a group of guys in the Jeep beside us. Serendipity waved flirtatiously at them while I rolled my eyes and laughed at her actions. She grinned when I started shaking my head at her.

"You have a mate, remember? Should I inform him that he isn't enough to satisfy your needs?"

"I'm just having a little fun. You know that they hold no interest for me, only your brother does. Just him and his-"

"I GET IT!" I cut her off, throwing my hands over my ears. She laughed maniacally and pulled into a parking space at the mall garage.

"We're here, now let's go!"

After we spent at least three hours at the mall, Serendipity got bored and we headed to a pub for dinner. We'd already dropped off all of our bags in the trunk of her car- thankfully there wasn't much so it all fit. She dragged me to the bar and ordered two Bloody Mary's. She took one and handed the other to me. I looked down at it, shook my head, and set it back on the counter.

"Drink up!"

"Nah, I'm not in the mood for that."

"Why?"

I gave her a look and she realized what the problem would be. She didn't want to have to look over a drunken she-wolf in heat. I watched as she threw back both drinks, then ordered a few shots and tossed them back too. This continued until she was certifiably drunk. I was watching her as she embarrassed herself by dancing around on the tables. She spotted me and squealed, then stumbled over.

"Legna! You'll take good care of me, right?" She fell against me and I caught her, gripping her waist to support her.

"Let's get you home."

"But I don't want to leave yet! I want to party!"

"Caleb's probably waiting."

"He can wait as long as I want! This is my fun time and he's not gonna end it for me yet!" She pushed off of me and climbed back up on a table, turning to point at me. "You'll never get me alive!"

I groaned and ran a hand over my face. Why did I have to end up babysitting my drunk friend? She cackled and started jumping from empty table to empty table. The door opened and I was about to look at the newcomers, when I saw that she was about to take off her shirt. I scrambled over to her, jumping on the table and holding the shirt down.

"Aww, Legna! Don't be so boring!"

"If that's what it takes to keep your clothes on then, fine."

She laughed and threw her arms around my neck. "I knew you'd take good care of me!" Before I could do anything, she had leaned forward and crushed her lips to mine.

There was a set of growls from near the door as I stood there frozen. My eyes flickered to my left and I saw both of our mates standing there, watching us with anger. This was so not my day.