Magical

I run lightning fast through the forest, swifter than a gazelle, faster than a cheetah. Running running hoping SHE doesn't catch me.

My flight through the forest disturbs a flock of birds. I notice from the corner of my eye their flight. Their shapes highlighted by the sun.

I shake my head and continue running through the dense shrubbery. All of a sudden a hand appears out of nowhere, slamming into my chest. My momentem and the sudden stop cause me to fly backwards into the shrubbery.

I glance up and I see a young girl, standing upside-down on a tree branch, her golden blonde hair gravitating towards the Earth but her robes stay as they would, going up to her ankles. She has refused to wear shoes, like usual. I glance hesitatingly at her face and when I see her piercing blue eyes, slowly turning green, I know it's over.

"Tag! You're it!" she cries joyfully. Meet my little sister. Jara.

"You're going to have to be faster than THAT if you want to beat me Araj!" she cries. I glare at her while getting up and brushing my feet.

"Well, Jara, remember that little rule about 'NO MAGIC'?" I demand, "Technically I won."

"I didn't use any magic!" she insists. I raise my eyebrows.

"Really." I say gesturing towards her standing upsidedown on a branch. She glances up... or in her case... down at her feet.

"Oops." she says, colouring a faint pink, then deftly swings up so she's standing on top of the branch. "Better?"

I roll my eyes. "The point of the matter is, I won since you used magic. "

"No fair!" she protests.

"No what's not fair is you using magic." I correct.

"Ok then Mr. Smartypants. You think you can beat me, then you're it!" she cries, laughing maniacally disappearing into the woods.

I roll my eyes and pull out my telescope. Jara is a witch, she gets the magic to do what she wants and is... was a witch's apprentice until that witch disappeared. I am the one with the brains, and the speed. She is the immature one with the powers. See a problem?

I pull a tiny patch out of my sleeve, with a slight tap it expands to a tool bag of sorts. I reach in and grope around blindly until my hands find what I wanted. My telescope.

I use my telescope to find her. Technically it's allowed since it isn't magic. I search hopelessly for her. This time I'll catch her and SHOW her.

I finally find her, leaving the forest and meandering off towards an old ruined castle. I grit my teeth. THAT FOOL!! We are absolutely forbidden to enter that castle yet of course this is Jara. Hopefully she doesn't ENTER that castle.

I put down my telescope and run after her.