Chapter 5

Percy POV

I woke up to the sound of chains rattling, I heard sniffling from in front of me.  My eyes slowly flickered open, I was met with JJ curled up in a corner with his eyes closed.

I slowly shifted a little, my head felt as if it was going to explode! My arms were chained above my head so I couldn't really move.  I felt as if my whole body is bruised and battered.

I took in a sharp breath and slowly let it out with a painful groan.  I tried to sit up from my slouched position but I have been in this uncomfortable position for to long, my bones were just to stiff for me to do it on my own.

JJ heard me groan, when he looked up, his eyes went wide and hope shimmered in his eyes "PJ?" he whispered unsure of what I would do or say.  "Hey there, squirt" I rasped out with a wide smile towards JJ.

I have to be strong for JJ, he looks up to me as a dad and I need to give him as much hope as I can.  Besides, how can you not smile when you look at him?

JJ jumped up and ran to me, he wrapped his tiny arms around my neck and snuggled up to me.  I nudged him slightly so I could see his face "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I quickly asked.  It would kill me if anything ever happened to JJ, he is my whole world.

JJ shook his head "No, I'm ok. They didn't hurt me.  But you wouldn't wake up! I thought you were dead!" Tears sprung out of JJ's eyes as a frightened look crossed his face.  His lip wobbled and his cheeks flushed red.

I instantly felt terrible, I wish I could have been there for him "No, no, come here, shhh, it's going to be okay, JJ" I motioned him back over to me, he wrapped his arms around me again.  I couldn't move my arms to hug him back so I tightly held him to me by my head.

I tried to comfort him as much as I could to calm him down, we stayed like that for who knows how long.  You could hear someone walking down the corridor outside our cell.  My eyes widened when I realized that the person was coming towards out cell.

I nudged JJ urgently "JJ, listen to me! you go into that corner and you don't make a sound! do not interfere with anything that happens! don't speak and don't fight them! do you understand?!" I whispered to him with fear, fear of him getting hurt.

JJ quickly nodded with tears in his eyes "Good" I sighed in relief.  I quickly kissed his forehead "I love you ya little bug, now go" I told him quietly with my own tears pooling in my eyes.

" I love you too, daddy" JJ told me quietly, he quickly went to his spot in the corner and covered his ears and tucked his head in between his knees.

I took a deep shuttering breath, preparing myself for what was to come.

The door was slammed open "'bout time you got up" a man with a cigarette came and sneered.  I heard JJ whimper quietly, I glared up at the man and with satisfaction, I watched him flinch under my gaze.

I clenched my jaw to keep myself from making a snarky remark, usually I wouldn't hold back, but JJ was here and they could take there anger out on him, and I'll be dammed if I let them touch him.

The man walked over to me with quiet steps, he grabbed the chains and dragged me up to my feet "What's the matter? got nothing to say?" he taunted me.  I kept quiet and only glared harder at him.  He chuckled "is that the best you can do? pathetic" he punched me in the gut.

I doubled over in pain, I coughed trying to catch my breath.  Why do I feel so weak? it's like I can hardly stand up on my own.

The man grabbed me by my hair and jerked my head back, he brought his fist back and punched me in the jaw.  I fell to the floor, I was in so much pain.  This shouldn't hurt at all, what did they do to me?

I leaned my head on the floor and brought my knees up to help me sit up.  My mouth filled with a metallic taste, I instantly knew it was blood.

My head was jerked back again and I was faced with the same man, he got in my face and sneered in disgust.  My blood boiled, I spit in his face.  His face turned red in anger, but then all of a sudden, he gained a malicious smile on his face that instantly sent fear coursing through me.

He yanked me to my feet and started pulling me out the door, I caught a glimpse of JJ who had fearful eyes and tears streaming down is face before I was dragged out of the room and away from him.

Hey guys! sorry these chapters aren't very long :( I'll try my best to make them longer!

Also, I want you guys to check out some stuff.  Go follow RandomCaitlin she has a lot of cool stuff she is selling and she really needs help. please follow her and ask her about it! :) You wont be sorry, so go help her out!

I'll try to update again soon!

Later BlueBerries!