Chapter 4

Percy POV

I took JJ out today so we could hang out since I had not seen him in a while.  I took him to McDonald's for lunch.  I looked down at him as he skipped with a giant smile on his face, he looked so happy that it was hard not to smile with him.

I held his hand as we made our way to lunch, all my worries disappear when i'm with JJ, it's like he has the power to make your problems just disappear.  I wish I could take him out like this more often, but I have way to many enemies and I worry 24/7 when he is with me.

"Common PJ!! we have to hurry!!!" JJ whined with excitement in his eyes.  I laughed at his childishness, he see's me as an older brother but I treat him like my son, I'm protective of him and I try to spoil him when I can.

"All right JJ, calm down" I chuckled.  I slung him on my back and gave him a piggy back ride, I took off running towards McDonald's.  JJ's laughter echoed through the streets of New York, he whooped and yelled all the way there.

We made it there in less than ten minutes with us both laughing out of breath.  We quickly made our way in and ordered our food, I put JJ in charge of getting the straws as I picked up the food and we made our way outside to eat.

JJ kept talking about playing at the park in our little hide out, he didn't really talk to many people besides Luke and I.  We kept talking about what happened while I was gone and how we were going to catch up on lost time, I kept asking him questions to keep him happy, I honestly enjoyed talking with him and hanging out with him.  I am actually glad my life as a kid was so bad, if it wasn't, I wouldn't have the people I did.  My family.

We sat there talking for at least an hour before we got up and left.  We were on our way back home when we were dragged into an alley way, my eyes widened in panic when I felt JJ ripped from my grip.  "PERCY?!" JJ's voice rang out in fear, I knew something was wrong when he called me Percy.

Before I could do anything, a cloth was held to my mouth.  I held my breath as long as I could, I faked passing out and they removed the cloth from my face.  I took my chance and quickly jumped to my feet and jumped on whoever was behind me, I threw punch after punch until I saw blood.

If there is one way to piss me off, it's when you scare, threaten, or hurt my family.  I turned around to get JJ but I froze when I saw a man in a hood covering his face, holding JJ by the collar of his shirt with a blade at his neck.

"Move, and I slice the boys neck!" The man spat out at me.  I glared harshly at the man, I stepped out of my fighting stance and surrendered myself over.  I felt my hands chained together by the guy who I had punched the heck (I refuse to use Hades name as a curse word, he is my favorite God) out of.

I clenched my jaw in anger as I saw the fear in JJ's eyes.  I looked at him with a soft smile "Everything will be fine JJ, I promise" I reassured him with a nod of my head.  He seemed to relax a little when I said that, his eyes eyes flickered behind me for a moment before they went wide in fright.  Before I could turn around, something heavy slammed into my head and the last thing I saw was JJ screaming and crying trying to fight his way towards me.

Everything went black.....

Hey guys! sorry it took so long for me to update :( I had to get some help from someone for what I should write next.

You can thank ShadowsofMemory for the update :) Thank you so much! 

I will try to update again soon! While you wait, go check out my other books!

I'll make my next chapter longer!

Later BlueBerries :)