Chapter 3: Passion To Save Her

Ohai-yo, my Nakama! ♡ Here is the next chapter, I hope you like it! ^-^  Hopefully, this one is a little longer for you all, hehe!  I'm thinking there'll be between fifteen and twenty chapters of this book...  At least, I hope so!  I dedicate this chapter to annimefreakxx. c:  This person is a great writer, and deserves a dedication. If you like One Peice and Naruto Fan Fictions, you can go and check this person out!  Thanks~!  I hope you all enjoy, and please tell me what you think!  Other feedback is very much appreciated, too!  Until next time, minna-san!

яу-¢нαи | тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя ♥

======================================================================

Natsu knew what he was going to do; he was going to break into Lucy's apartment, and see how she was doing.  It's not like he was just barging in; no, he was paying his partner a visit, a friendly exchange of greetings.  

Of course, Natsu knew Lucy didn't want him barging in, but he had to admit, he had a lot of fun in teasing the Stellar Mage.  Besides, he didn't mean anything by it.  He had just wanted to see her; after all, they were comrades, and very close friends.  Since Rose and the Dragons incident, Lucy must've been sad.  Which, of course, was just another reason to go visit her.

Happy had stayed with Carla and Wendy back at the guild, because he was guarding Natsu's food for him.  Natsu had asked if he wanted to come with him, but Happy was the one to decline.

Now that Natsu thought about it, maybe it was for an entire different reason...

Eh, who cares!  As long as his food was safe!

Natsu pushed off the ground, jumping through the air and landing on Lucy's window sill.  The window was open, and Natsu grinned in childish meddling as he jumped inside.  He had no intention of being sneaky this time; he was going to let Lucy know he was here.

"Luucyy!"  Natsu exclaimed, walking around the room.

He quieted down when he saw Lucy sleeping, her head resting in her arms as she sat at her desk.  Natsu grinned again, but this time it was slightly more affectionate.

However, since Natsu had yelled, Lucy started to stir, opening her eyes.  When she saw Natsu, she instictively sat back in the chair, rubbing her eyes tiredly.  A finished letter had been covered by Lucy's arms, which looked to be another letter to her mother.  

Lucy sprang up, fully awake now.

"Natsu!  What're you doing here?!  There is a door, you know!"

Natsu grinned.  "I wanted to check on you.  We're leavin' soon and I thought you'd want some company."

Lucy sighed, sliding her finished letter out of sight.  She'd put it in the envelope later.

"Alright, I guess that's nice of you.  But really, can't you ever use the door?"

Natsu grinned.  "I did one time, Luce!  During the festival!"

Lucy held a finger in the air.  "Hence on the 'once', Natsu.  Only one time.  That proves my point."

Natsu rubbed the back of his head.  "Eh?  I don't get it."

Lucy shook her head, but smiled slightly.  He really could be an idiot sometimes, but Lucy couldn't complain.  That's what made up Natsu.  Lucy would have to deal with it anyway, so she had to just except it.

"Here,"  Lucy replied, throwing him something from the kitchen.

Catching it swiftly, Natsu grinned at it and looked at Lucy.  "Thanks, Luce!"