TWENTY TWO: A DAY @ THE BEACH

Start from the beginning

"Just now. It feels amazing." I open my eyes to see him staring at me.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him in confusion.

"Nothing." He replies, giving me a smile. Not a smirk, but an actual smile. That innocent smile that makes Austin...... Austin. "Have I ever mentioned how pretty you are?" 

"Well. Thank you." He just gives me a smile so innocent that I've never seen before.

"I'm listening." He opens his eyes and sits down right there and I do the same.

"I'm glad you're not anything I thought of you when I first met you. Honestly." I lay my head on his shoulder as I say this. "I've learnt how to live my life to the fullest. All because of you. Thank you."

"Can we cut the formality?" Austin roles his eyes at my emotional sentence.

"Ooh. Shall we come in later?" Eric calls in from behind, with the whole of the group, drenched in water. Suzanne is already shivering and her lips are stuttering.

"Of course not." I look at Jason who gets a dry towel and jacket for her and she gives him a sweet smile. "Suzanne? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just need to get changed." Anyways, let's have a photo session. What say."

"The photographer is all ready." Suzanne is already holding her camera ready to snap some happy moments.

"Guys. Wait. First photo is mine and Austin's." Everyone widened their eyes at what I just said. Austin raises his brows in astonishment. He smirks like always. "Kneel down on one knee Austin."

"Wait. What?"

"Kneel down."He follows what I say and I sit on the leg he has pulled out as I indicate Shelly to snap the pic.

"You're cozy. Like a teddy bear." Austin whispers in my ear, forcing my face to flush red. "I could sleep with you next to me all the time. I hope you know what I mean." I feel his breath on my neck which makes my stomach make flips.

"Shut up Austin. Yukk! You're disgusting." I immediately get up and as I'm about to walk away, he pulls me back, forcing me to sit back in the same position. "Let go off me." After a few seconds of staring at each other, we both burst out laughing and I turn my head towards Shelly. She snaps the candid scene and starts laughing herself.

We girls get changed into our bikinis and that's what leaves the boys awestruck. "Woah Ally. Y-You look...... amazing." Austin says clearly checking me out today for the second time.

"Thank you Austin." I laugh at his reaction covering my own blush.

We all start walking towards the water when unknowingly, Eric pulls Shelly to the back of the beach. We didn't even get to know when they disappeared. Then I notice the absence of those two and I walk out of the water to see heading towards the back beach. Right there, I hide behind the shelter when I see Eric pull out a ring and proposing Shelly. He makes Shelly wear the ring and that's when my little sis experiences her first kiss! Scaring me again, Austin's breath is so near to my shoulder that I turn around, my hair hitting him on the face. "Shh." I tell him to be quiet or else the two will get to know.

"Don't tell me Eric just proposed Shelly! He did it! I can't believe it." He whispers. "That's awesome."

"What are you guys looking at?" Suzanne says that loud enough for the two to have tracked us hiding there. "Ooh. It seems I ruined the plan. Sorry."

"Ally! What's up? Why are you guys following us?" Shelly says in an attempt to hide her blush.

"Eric. You just proposed my sis. Didn't you?" I ask even though I know the whole scene.

"You know that already." Eric replies, his face as red as a tomato. I just hug the two of them, the others joining in from behind. A group hug feels amazing.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"I'll have a chicken burger with hot chocolate." Suzanne calls out her order to the receptionist.

"I'll have cheese macaroni and cold coffee topped with ice cream." Shelly will surely catch a cold after this. But its okay. She deserves to enjoy today. Eric asks for macaroni and cold coffee as well.

"Grilled cheese sandwich and mango juice for me." Austin shuts the menu card and states.

"I'd love to have a rainbow salad with coconut milk." Its high time I go in for dieting.

"Hold on a sec. Get a pizza and strawberry shake. Please cancel the salad and coconut milk." Austin is surely going to be the huge reason for ruining my figure. The lady just smiles and gets the order in the next 15 minutes. "Have this. Not your boring salad."

"Have you left any choice for me? You'll be the reason for me to put on some weight you moron!" I huff, sipping at the strawberry milkshake.

He leans closer to me and whispers in my ear again, "I will still like you even if you put on some weight. Nothing can change that fact." I turn to look at him with wide eyes filled with astonishment as he winks at me with that smirk which makes me melt every time. I can't hold back the smile which curves up in my lips.

"You're such a jerk." I shake my head and ruffle his hair.