SEVENTEEN: WHEN THEY CARE FOR YOU

ALLY'S DIARY

NOVEMBER 6TH, 2015

Hi diary! Since the past 1 and 1/2 week, my life has taken drastic twists and turns. Whether its meeting Laura, Suzanne, Jason, Jeremy and Austin, or the death of mom and dad. It had its own sad moments but the fun part was better. I really don't know what all is yet to come. Today, at 5:30 pm I feel like I need to pen this down. I finally feel that my life is slowly coming to a normal track. Its not possible to have a life without any difficulties, but at least I have people in my life who are with us throughout those hurdles these people in my life make these issues just so small. Anyway, today is 6th of November and just the next month, that is, 6th of December is my 18th birthday!! I'm so damn excited! Coz I'm legally turning 18! and also coz it's my first birthday with my friends here! Just waiting for New Year 2016, and then, my birthday! For now, I'll sign off!! Bye!

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

The next morning, I wake up to see my breakfast on the table, fresh clothes with towel placed neatly on the other side of the bed and a note stuck on the glass of milk. Good Morning Al! Leaving Early for college today as I have a new programme to work on in the coordinators club. You get ready, have your medicine and I'll see you for lunch. Tc.

This is the second time Shelly has left early for her work at the coordination club. I guess I'll have to walk alone to school again.

I'm ready for the school, have kept the assignment books and had my breakfast with the medicines. I can finally get rid of the bandage. After about 5 minutes, I recognize the fidgeting at the window and see Austin climbing into the room. I walk to him, give him a hand and he enters the room, smiling sweetly.

"Morning!" He seems to be in a great mood today. "You look amazing."

"Please. I'm in a mess." I brush my hair and tie the rubber band to avoid the state of my unwashed hair. "You know? This won't work on me."

"You look just perfect the way you are. Trust me when I say that." He sends butterflies fluttering in my stomach. "Now if you're ready, can we leave? Suzanne and the others are waiting near the locker." Am I supposed to go to school with him? Will it be fine for me to go with him? Come on Al. You're overthinking again. Of course its fine to go with him. Afterall you are friends. You know that very well. Exactly. He snaps his fingers, breaking my small bubble of thoughts.

"Umm. Yeah. Sure." Too much of thinking these days. We walk downstairs to see Laura with raised eyebrows in astonishment as she sees us exit my room together. Obviously it's not normal for Austin to be in my room.

"Hey Laura. Good morning." He has a lack of understanding right in his brain. How can he not see that? "How are you doing?"

"Umm. I'm good. What about you?" Laura is still confused. It is so clear on her face. "What were you doing in Ally's room?"

"Oh I just came in from the window. We're going to college together." Laura looks at me with an intended smirk as Austin tells him the whole thing. "That's it. The end. Can we leave now?"

"Yeah sure. Have a good day you guys. I'll be late from office today. You have the spare keys with you. Don't you?" I reply with a smile and nod. "Great. I'll prepare dinner for you guys and leave. Bye." Laura kisses me on the forehead.

"Oh no. You don't worry. As it is we guys are going for a party tonight. We'll have dinner there only." Austin says. He wants to take us for a party! Will have to talk about this with Suzanne and group. For now, lets leave for college.

We meet the other members of our gang in the canteen. Half of the day went smoothly. We all go and sit on our usual seat in the caf. I spot Austin sitting with his friends on the seat located right opposite to me. We can face each other. Obviously he has his friends in college. I wouldn't bother asking him to leave them just to join us. Plus, it's hardly been 2 days that Austin and I have gotten any close. Just then Austin's green eyes meet my dark brown ones. He gives me a concerned smile before getting up and walking up to us. "Hey. I hope you're not exerting yourself too much. It'll be better for you to not take any stress at all. Yeah?" A smile curves o my lips involuntarily on Austin's concern.

"I'm fine Austin. Don't worry. I have Suzanne, Jason and Jeremy right here. Relax okay? You would like to go back to your friends now. They're waiting for you. I'll see you after school." I say as I see Austin's group looking right at us, confusion depicting all on their faces.

"You sure?"

"Austin. Go! We're right here with her." Suzanne says. Austin nods and walks back to his group who are definitely going to question him about everything that happened now. "Anyways. Mr. Parker took a surprise biology test tody. I'm screwed!" Jason says

"Well my paper went pretty well. Not that good though. 14 or 15 on 20?" I can sense the cold vibes passing on to my body from the three sources on my table.

"I'll be satisfied even if I pass the test! Gosh Ally! You're such a nerd!" Jeremy adds on. Suzanne is the only one who is not with us in the Biology lecture.

"What? We've discussed this before. I love books. I can keep reading any book for a very long time at a stretch. Personal likings you know?" I say with my mouth stuffed with some cheese sandwich. My friends just let out an exasperated sigh. "You guys!" I giggle.

I HOPE ITS NOT AS BORING AS IT SEEMS. TRIED MY BEST BUT NOWADAYS I'M REALLY REALLY BUSY WITH MY TENTH STUDIES. I DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY OF YOU KNOW THE DAMN IMPORTANCE OF TENTH FINALS IN INDIA, BUT THEY ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE GOT GOOD GRADES IN THE FINALS(BOARDS)....... PLEASE EXCUSE ME FOR THE BOREDOM FOR SOME WHILE. BUT I REALLY NEED TO PRIORITIZE MY STUDIES AT THIS MOMENT. I'LL TRY AD UPDATE MORE CHAPTERS AND GOOD ONES. WAIT FOR THE EXCITEMENT. BEAR WITH THE FUSS. THANX FOR THE SUPPORT YOU'VE SHOWN TILL NOW. UNTIL NEXT TIME PPL! AND YES! DO SEE THE PIC AND VIDEO I'VE ATTACHED IN THE MEDIA. ITS ONE GOOD PART OF THIS CHAPTER. BYE!