Maleficent and Diaval 1

Firework Kiss
(Modern)
(Maleficent's POV)
Loneliness, that's all I know. It's always there. That's how I feel right now sitting here on a white leather sofa for two in a party ment only for those that know happiness. New Years is just 30 minutes away. Everyone is I see is dancing and laughing. I don't know why I came. No-one talks to me, they don't even give me a simple smile. Yep, that's my life. Me, Maleficent Moors. The woman who almost got killed. The woman who isolated herself from this world because she was afraid to let her heart love. The woman who's heart grew cold and distant. But, then there's him. Black shiny hair and eyes that you can get lost in. A fine body build for a man who works with birds. He's the reason she came out into the world she once knew. I smile at the thought of him. He always finds a way to make me laugh and smile. Diaval. My sweet friend. Here he comes walking straight towards me. Why are you smiling?

(Diaval's POV)
So here I am standing in a corner leaning on a wall watching everyone I know dance and have a good time. I always wonder how they can let go of everything so carelessly. Maybe it's the alcohol they've had. New Years is in 30 minutes. My life has changed for the better. I've met some extraordinary people. Like Maleficent. She amazing, like the galaxy above us. She's as beautiful as a sunset in the ocean. She's as mysterious as the world under the water. If only she knew. Maybe I should tell her, but I'm afraid. What if she rejects me. I can't afford loosing our friendship to a silly fantasy. But then again, maybe it's worth a try. Maybe this year I can take the chance. We could both take a chance. Yes, I'll take that chance. Maybe just this once. Well then, here I go.

(Maleficent and Diaval)
'Why is he smiling?' Maleficent asks herself. She smiles at him and holds her breath in. 'Please tell me you'll take me away from here.' she thinks looking at him with hope.
"Why so lonley?" Diaval asks her, giving her his signature smirk. "Let's head outside. It's kinda of loud in here." He says extending his hand to her. She smiles and takes it. They both walk out to the balcony.
"You know, we can climb up to the roof." she says quietly. He looks at her and smiles. "Then let's go." he says. They climb the roof and sit with their legs dangling out the edge. "I think I prefer to be out here now. It's quiet." she says looking up at the stars. Diaval looks at her. Her skin glows with the moonlight, her beautiful green eyes reflect the stars. "Mal, can I ask you something?" he says. She looks back down at him with curiosity. "Yes." she says. He nods and looks up at the stars. "Have you ever thought of taking a chance? Just out of curiosity on what will happen." he says. Maleficent looks back up at the stars. "I don't know." she said after a while. "Yeaaahh!" People cheered from the ground. They were carrying sparklers in their hand and waving them around. "3-2-1, Happy New Year!" They cheered. Fireworks flew to the sky and exploded in different colors. "Then let's try now." Diaval said leaning close to Maleficent and giving her a soft kiss. Maleficent tensed and pulled away. She looked at him, surprise and shock reflecting in her eyes. "Sorry, I just thought-" he was interrupted by Maleficent kissing him back. He deepened the kiss by grabbing the back of her head and pulling her closer. After a couple of minutes they pulled away, breathing heavily. "I think taking that chance was the best decision you ever made." She said softly, kissing him again. The explosions and cheers faded away into the kiss, leaving the two of them behind to embrace their new future together. That was the night they believed that it was truly a Happy New Year.
____________________________________
Yes people, it's 2 in the morning and I'm writing this. I could still here some fireworks popping a few blocks away from my house.
Happy New Year everyone! ;)