.:You Can't Open A Lock Without A Key:. (Ichigo Story)*Chapter Nineteen:End*

Chapter 19

“I’m….. leaving?” I shook my head, completely confused.

“That’s what I said.”

“Wait a second. I don’t need a body guard anymore. My powers were taken away.”

“Which means you need to be taken back and learn to be a better shinigami because if the people die in Soul Society, it’s your entire fault.” Toru grabbed onto my upper arm, pulling me away from Ichigo, making me head back out of the shop.

“It’s not her fault.” Ichigo says. “I was supposed to protect her.”

“Save it, I don’t care to hear what a human says.”

“I’m a substitute shinigami.”

“You are Ichigo Kurosaki?” Toru turned his head, looking at Ichigo in either disappointment or amazement.

“Yes.”

“Ichigo was helping me.” I explain, feeling his grip loosen on me.

“No matter. You must come back. Mission is complete.”

“Look, just let her say.” I felt Ichigo grab onto my, pulling me towards him. “She doesn’t have to stay long. Let Rukia take her back when she heads back to Soul Society.” He says for an idea.

“Please Toru.” I beg, grabbing onto Ichigo’s shirt, stepping closer to him.

He seemed to have been weighing his options while thinking it over. “We leave at sunset.”

“What! No way!” Ichigo seemed to have grown angry with him, but I patted his shoulder in an attempt to calm him down. “It’s okay. It won’t be the last time you see me.”

“How can you be so sure?”

I turned towards him, studying his face, smiling lightly. “Because I am promising you.” I stuck my hand up, pinky free for his to take or not.

Ichigo stood there in shock, staring back at me. “When will I see you again?”

“I couldn’t tell you, but you will see me again.” I nodded my head to him, seeing him wrap his pinky around mine, saying. “I’d better see you again.”

“There’s no chance that I will break this promise.” I felt my face heat up as I stared up at Ichigo’s face, feeling slightly nervous.

“Glad to hear that.” He responds, smiling at me.

“Start saying your goodbyes and packing. You don’t have too many hours left.” Toru says before crossing his arms over his chest, glaring at Ichigo.

“I’m going to head back to my place and leave the place completely, and pay for the damages.” I explain to Ichigo. Are you going to come with or…?”

“I’ll come with me. I can’t say I completely trust him” He nudged his chin towards Toru, blinking while looking at the man, and then looking back at me.

“He’s trustworthy. He’s been protecting me for a few years now.”

“Do you live with him?”

I quirked an eyebrow at Ichigo’s question, completely confused. “No, I don’t live with him. He watched over my place while I’m sleeping, making sure no one comes in. But I guess since I’m not special anymore, he will be assigned to something new.”

“I see.” He began to leave, seeming to currently forget about the Aizen thing.

“Toru, are you being reassigned?” I ask, looking over at him. He has dark hair that laid straight on him, messy hair slightly falling into his face and over his ears, the back, slightly long on the neck, dark green piercing eyes, seeming to look 25 years old.