3. "I'm Your Angel."

Hey guys! I'm super excited to write this chapter, and I'm super excited for you to read it. I hope you like it! Please comment and vote

***

While on our way to my house, Thomas received a phone call and had to head back home before we got to my home.

"Hello?" Thomas said, holding up a finger in my direction, signaling for me to hold on a second. I nodded in understanding.

"Yeah..." He said. I heard another voice on the end of the line yelling at him. I looked at him in confusion. 

"I- I'm sorry. I'll be home in like 5 minutes." He said, running a hand through his hair in a stressful manner. I watched his face as is drained from a happy, rosy pink, to a pale, sickening white. He began pacing back and forth on the sidewalk.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I'll get it done." He said. I stared at him and furrowed my eyebrows even further. Get what done?

"Yeah, I'll be there. I'll have it with me." He said, glancing up at me quickly.

"Listen, I've got to go." He explained, "I'll see you tonight." he said angrily. He brought his phone down and looked at it with frustration, angrily hitting the ' end ' button.

"Is everything ok?" I asked, concerned. He looked at me with dark, angry eyes.

"Y-yeah it's fine. Just.." he said, trailing off. He shoved his hands in his pocket, "stuff." he finished.

"It didn't seem like ' just stuff '. Seriously, is everything ok, are you ok?" I asked. I don't want him to be in danger.

"Charlie, " He said, obviously faking a laugh, " I'm fine, everything is ok. I promise." he said, avoiding eye contact with me. He looked across the street, then down at his feet, the up towards the sky. I watched him with disbelief and walked towards him, giving him an ' I doubt it,' look. But , without hesitating, he gave me a look exactly like mine, and stared me straight in the eyes.

"Ok.." I said. He looked at me for a minute before opening his mouth to say something, but he shut it quickly, blocking the words that he wanted to say.

"Enough about me," He grinned, "Are you positive  you're ok. You really took a tough fall there." he laughed. I slapped him teasingly.

"I've taken harder falls, Thomas." I say, playfully crossing my arms. He smiled at me.

"Well, I've got to get going, Charlie." He said, disappointment spreading across his face. I nodded, sad this day was over with him.

"I had a lot of fun today." I say shyly. His smile grows.

"Yeah, me too." he says. I laugh, and watched as his face turns into a serious, stern one.

"Be careful, Ok Charlie?" Thomas said, placing both hands on my shoulders and giving me a gentle shake. I grinned at his concern.

"I will, Thomas. I'll be fine," I say truthfully. He fave me a doubting look with worry swimming in his brown eyes.

"Honestly, I'll be perfectly fine." I said. He slowly lowered his big hands from my shoulders and he took a step back.

"Alright, Charlie. I'll see you soon, yeah?" He suggested. His pink lips grow into that familiar smile of his that could make anyone feel like they're at home, and his dark hair blew softly in the gentle autumn breeze. 

"Yeah," I say smiling.

"Alright, see you." He said, turning around and walking the way we came from.

After we went our separate ways, many strange things began happening. As I was continuing the route to my home, I kept hearing, or so I thought I kept hearing, footsteps trailing behind me. At first I just thought it was the usual breeze scuffling the colorful leaves across the sidewalk behind me. But after the fourth time of hearing the all too ' foot- step ' sound, I whipped around.

"Who's there.." I say, a bit spooked. I waited, silently listening for anyone.. Anything. There has to be someone or something messing with me. But, instead of facing the suspected victim, all I was met by was a breeze. No cars drove by at this time, and no other individuals walked the streets, enjoying the fall weather. I looked around frantically.

"You better stop.." I say with warning, trying to control my mildly shaking voice. I then turn back around, this time walking with a little more speed, and a slightly longer stride.

But, as I was walking, despite it's quickened pace, I still heard those footsteps slowly but surely scuffing behind me against the cold concrete. This time, instead of turning around to confront the victim, I began to quicken my already fast walk into a jog. But to know use did the jog give me for the footsteps only sped up to easily keep up with my pace.

"You don't have to run, Charlie." I hear a deep, but gentle voice say. A bone chilling feeling came over my body, causing my legs to stiffen. I had to stop. My breathing was heavy as I hesitantly turned around. Expecting to again be met by only a breeze and shuffling leaves, instead , I was met by a tall, lean, handsome boy with smooth blond hair, and literally, sparkling blue eyes. He wasn't there before and just seemed to have appear out of thin air.

Immediately, my first instinct was to run, but I felt frozen and mesmerized by this being. He wasn't human, that's for sure. His body gave off an overwhelming amount of energy and I could feel it just taking over my body, making me go into some type of trance. A glow of white light encircled his whole entire body from head to toe, and I couldn't help but gasp at this sight. His skin was a pale shade, and his lips were pink and curved into a soft, welcoming smile. 

Time seemed to have stopped. I heard nothing. I saw nothing. Nothing but him. This boy was dressed in a white, glowing shirt, and black skinny jeans that hugged his legs nicely. His hands were stuffed into his front pockets. I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat.

"Wh- Who are you?" I asked softly. My voice was shaking with fear and confusion, and I forced my legs to take a tiny step back, afraid of what he was capable of.

"I'm Luke Hemmings. I'm your angel, Charlie." 

*****

This was so fun to write omg. I hope you liked it!

Please vote