2. Blonde Haired Boy

It was 1:55 when he walked into the Goldner Cafe and it was at 2 that I would have left. I watched as he looked around the cafe , trying to find me. He then spotted me and smiled as he waltzed over to my seat and sat across from me as if he was right on time.

"Hey, sorry about that. Little problem at the tree farm." he said, avoiding eye contact with me.  

I furrowed my eyebrows. His face was flushed and red at the cheeks, and his eyes, if possible, were almost black. It was the darkest shade of brown. His hair was messed up, which was very unusual for him.

"Uh, that's ok." I said. He looked at me with his dark eyes and I softened a bit.

"So, uhm. Do you want to get a drink?" I asked. He nodded, and we both went up to order something. After we both sat back down, I asked him about his day at the tree farm. He smiled a bit.

"Well, it was great. We planted a total of 95 pine trees with all the volunteers there, and 8 oak trees. We made a lot of progress." he said. He then paused and looked up from his coffee which swirled in an elegant pattern around the cup for he had just stirred in some sugar. His eyes weren't as dark now, but reflected a color of a soft, chocolaty brown which made all the girls swoon. I rested my head in my left hand, and looked at him. He was handsome.

"Charlie?" he said kind of hesitantly.

"Yeah?" I looked at him with big eyes.

" You, uh. You look great." He said. I looked down at my outfit of black skinny jeans, a white, baggy sweater, and brown rider boots. A warm feeling overtook my face and I knew I was turning as red as a tomato. I smiled big, hiding my face with my left hand and looked down. I guess me actually trying to look decent finally paid off.

"Thank you." I said softly. I looked up at him and saw him grinning.

"You um.. Look good too." I say. His smile grows 3 times the size it was. But he really did. The flannel over that white shirt looked amazing on him, and those jeans suited his body absolutely perfectly. How is this happening? 

Me.. Charlie, a normal teenager with awkwardness written all over her, here, sitting with the most popular boy in school? Sitting with Thomas Burman? It's crazy.

I've always had a crush on Thomas, not that it was any big surprise though. We had every single class together last year, and we were pretty close. And this year, we had many classes together again, and we're always partners. I didn't really have a crush on him at first because I knew every girl in our school like him. I wanted to be different, but one day that all changed.

I remember one day after school I was walking my usual route home, and he joined me in the walk. That's when I really got a good look at him. His smile was effortlessly perfect, his hair was always styled perfectly, probably without him trying, and his cheeks were always a little rosy. 

I realized he always had a smile on his face, and that was amazing. He always helped everyone out, no matter who they were. He never tried to get attention, nor did he ask for the attention he receives on a daily basis, he was just the perfect person, and that's why he got a lot of attention. And that day, he caught mine without even trying. And from that day on, I had major feelings for this boy.