F I | V E

Oh, Love

-

After the kiss with Josh, I felt like I was floating. I slowly opened my eyes, and when I did, I was met with Josh's beautiful, light brown eyes looking back at me with a shy smile.

"I-I'm sorry," I said, or tried to since his eyes were holding me captive. "I don't know what came over me." I managed to say and broke our little staring contest to look down at my boots.

"Hey, don't be sorry," Josh said as het grabbed my forearm in reassurance. "I enjoyed it. Besides, you're not completely at fault here. I kissed you back." I let out a breathy chuckled and slightly bit the corner of my bottom lip. I finally came down from my little high and asked him a serious question, completely killing the mood.

"So, uh, when are you guys leaving?" The question is a downer, I know, but I wanted to change the subject before it got awkward. I was petrified of the answer being: 'We're leaving tonight' or 'We're leaving tomorrow morning'. I just got my best friend back and I didn't want to see him go again.

"Actually, tonight was our last show. After everything is put away, everyone is going back to their respected homes. Well, everyone except for me." I wanted to scream at the top pf my lungs from happiness and lucky for me, I didn't.

"Oh," I said, a smile playing at the corner of my lips. "So do you have a place to stay?" I asked him, trying not to sound desperate for him to say no.

"I was going to book a room, until..." He said, hinting that he wanted to stay with me.

"Oh, so you're going to stay at Carter's place?" I teased, using an old friend's name. "I didn't know you guys still talked." He gave me an 'are you kidding me' look and shook his head.

"No silly, I'm talking about staying with you." He said as he poked my only dimple.

"Oh well of course! How could I forget." I said sarcastically. Josh rolled his eyes at me.

"C'mon, let's go to the bus so I can get my stuff. " He said as he snaked his arms around my waist and led me through the maze of halls and out of the venue. When we got inside of the bus, Josh made his way to the bunk area and I made myself comfortable on the couch next to Jenna. We talked for a while until Josh finally came back out with his suitcase in hand and a duffle bag on his shoulder.

"You ready?" I asked Josh once Jenna stopped talking. He simply nodded and I stood up so we could get going. Jenna stood up as well and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Again, it was really nice meeting you." She said as she let go of me. "You better keep in touch - better yet, give me your phone." She said and I gave it to her. She gave me her phone in return and we exchanged phone numbers.

"You guys are leaving already?" Tyler asked as he got inside of the bus. We nodded and Tyler pulled Josh into a hug. "Be safe," He said to Josh and then turned to me, "It was good to finally meet you. And hey, keep this one out of trouble for me. I would hate to start looking for another drummer..." Tyler winked, teasing Josh. I assured that I will keep Josh in check and we hugged each other and exchanged numbers with Tyler.

We said our final goodbyes and walked back to my car. Josh offered to drive and once we were out of the lot and into the highway back to my place, I connected my phone through Bluetooth to my radio and 'Oh Love' by Green Day came on.  

"Don't stop, don't stop.
Don't stop when the red lights flash.
Oh ride, free ride.
Won't you take me close to you."

I sang quietly to myself. I saw Josh staring at me from the corner of my eye and I stopped, feeling self-conscious about my voice.

"Why'd you stop?!" Josh protested loudly. "You sounded amazing! C'mon, sing for me." He pleaded and I simply shook my head no. "Please? And if you do, I'll buy you a new record. Whichever you want..." He bribed, using my collection and love for records as bait.