0.9

Kendyl-;-

I step out of my car Blair in tow. We walk out Starbucks cups in our hands as we walk up to the courtyard seeing Chuck and Sydney,Serena and Dan already standing there. I put in my best smile "hi!" I say to them all hugging Serena and Sydney. "How was your guys weekends?" I ask raising my eyebrows sipping my hot coffee. Blair stands beside me know the burning secret of Chuck bass and Sydney Gonz. "Pretty good" Dan says looking at Serena making her wink. "That's nice dan" Blair says shoving him playfully. Chuck stays silent his jaw clenched tightly my eyebrows raise looking at him then at sydney "well?" I ask looking at them "we already know how Dan and Serena's Saturday night was soooo" I say waiting for them to respond. Sydney goes to open her mouth when a arm is wrapped around my waist pulling me towards a chest. By the smell of mint and Chanel cologne I can tell its Nate and I wrap my arms around him careful not to spill my coffee. Nate kisses my cheek making me blush "Nateeee" I says pushing him away playfully forgetting about the interrogation I was currently conducting. We turn back to the group Nates arm wrapped around my shoulder his fingers calmly brushing up and down my bicep as everyone stares at us making me a bit uncomfortable "What're we talking about?" Nate asks looking around the circle at the wandering eyes. "Sydney and chucks weekend" I say going back to full interrogation mode with the distraction of Nates touch. I feel like a gooey freshman melting over Nate. But I can't help the way he makes me feel. It's not like the replacing feel I originally wanted going into this relationship we were beginning to form. It was more of a love. As much as I'd hate to say it. "Well then." Chuck says hearing the bells ring. He begins to walk away leaving Sydney with a disappointed face making me smirk as Nate kisses my forehead then my lips. Blair follows me into the school Serena by my side. "So we all know that Sydney and Chuck are definitely and item correct?" Serena says making me gasp "I had no idea!!" She lowers her eyes at me "cmon K I know how bad you wanted to be a private investigator when you were little. You catch on" I nod laughing at my own joke. Serena's right though Ive always wanted to be a private investigator. "So are they not telling all of us for a reason?" Blair says looking at Serena and I as we sit down at our normal table first period. "Of course. Chucks worried his daddy will find out that he's screwing with someone poorer than dirt." Serena chimes in "she's middle class K it's not like she's poor poor." I ignore her "yeah whatever. But in reality Chuck has to date a socialite and not a middle class person" I say continuing "I really don't think his father would approve. The publicity wouldn't be good considering Sydneys dad works under my father." The teacher walks into the room "Your dad used have affairs with his assistants? So what's the deal?" Serena says ignoring the teacher. I thought about the whole situation last night and came to a conclusion "well, look at it this way. Those are just affairs what if Chuck sees the relationship as something that will possibly go farther he wants to keep that a secret so it doesn't spread. Plus money needs to marry money in order to make more money. Does that make sense?" I ask Serena her focus on me the whole time. "Kendyl's been really thinking about this" Blair says looking at her nails laughing. "I have there's no way this is just an affair with Chuck." I say looking at Serena. "That's so weird. Chuck never does anything long term." I chuckle "yeah I know..."

I sit on the steps with Blair and Serena as we eat lunch "What's up with you and Nate?" Serena asks smirking at me. "What do you mean" I suppress a smile "Don't lie. There's something!" Blair says poking at my side. I huff putting my sandwich down. "Okay so I may like Nate... A lot. But-" I'm interrupted by hands over my eyes "you may like him" Nates voice speaks out as I pull his hands away from my eyes my face heating. "It's undetermined" I say giving him a hard time. "That's not what you were saying last night" Nate jokes whispering to me. Serena and Blair hear both of them "oh"ing at us I hit Nates chest taking a bite of my sandwich. Nate just chuckles leaning over me taking a bite of my sandwich as well. "You're a shit" I say laughing at Serena and Blairs reaction.