0.3

Sydney-;-

The day of the party. Dan drove me to Serena's so i could get ready with her. I sat on a chair as Serena worked on my hair, swiping through tumblr pictures and quotes I reblogged some posts. "Are you excited?" Serena broke the silence "Oh ecstatic" I smiled my voice trying to hold back the sarcasm. Serena sighed looking at me through the mirror "Look it's none of my business but Dan told me how you feel... About all this nonsense" My eyes lifted to meet hers "Oh well.." She shook her head huffing releasing a curl "I'd have to agree with you this whole life is ridiculous. Why do you think Dan and I get along so well?" She started pinning some of my hair back leaving me to think about her statement. When she finished she turned me around so I could look at myself. My make up was flawless along with my hair. The easy going curls and pinned up portion represented me but represented me in the best way that showed who I was but still his the fact I was me. "You know I had thought Serena would get her hair done by a professional" Serena smiled laughing a little. "Nope not this time" she sent me a wink "Alright go put the dress and shoes on and we'll leave" I nodded standing looking at myself one last time.

Apparently this party was a black and red party. That meant everyone was wearing either black or red and nothing Inbetween. Serena wore a cute mermaid dress that was all black but had red at the bottom of the dress. Dan wore all black except a red tie. And here I was in a plain but very expensive black dress and heels I could barely walk in. Dan refused to let me take them off because it wouldn't give me the right impression. The one and only thing that bothered me about Dan was his constant nagging about 'appearance'. I guess that's what happens when you grow up poor surrounded by rich people. Chuck told me he'd meet me at the party since I was with Dan and Serena anyways. And it's not like I was mad because chucks not my date. Strictly friends. Stepping out of Serena's limo photographers were taking shots of us as we got out. A male with a scarf around his neck and a nice tux on had their back to us talking to some of the press. At the shout of Serena's name he turned around. Chuck. Now strictly friends was going to be hard with the way he looked right now. He had a smirk on his face as he turned around walking towards me. "You look lovely" Chuck said leading me up the stair case waving at the press our arms linked. "Thanks I owe it to Serena" Chuck either ignored me or didn't care to answer as he kept waving and walking ahead.

Kendyl-;-

"You look beautiful" I stood in front of a mirror staring at my reflection until Nate had just walked up making me smile with his words. "Thank you Nate" he smiled at me as I turned around wrapping my arms around his neck my head tilted to the side. "Do you think it'll be enough?" Nate looked confused as I explained "Enough for Chuck to come to his senses of course." I said. Nate rolled his eyes moving away from me "why don't you just enjoy your time right now in this party instead of worrying about fucking chuck." His voice held disgust and hate as he walked away. My eyes travelled around the room taken aback by the sudden eruption from Nate. He has never acted like this what got into him?

People began filling the room a beverage or snack in their hands as servers went around. Best part about this being your own event. The alcohol you're allowed to consume. I stood by my father as he talked about investments and other things of that nature. Blair caught my eye she stood by all our friends they were all laughing. In the circle where I normally would stand stood Sydney. Right by Chuck. I started to feel my anger boil as I downed my drink setting the empty glass on a waiters tray. My heels clicked against the floor as I made my way towards the group smiling "What's so funny?" I asked my eyes looking at each of their faces. Serena spoke up "You have to hear the things Sydney says" Serena laughed looking at Sydney who had an awkward smile on her face. It wasn't the beautiful make up job or hair style that Serena's stylist obviously did. It was the hand of Chuck Bass places on the lower back of the filthy street rat that got me worked up. I smiled at Chuck then to Sydney my eyes narrowing so only she could tell they did. "Sydney! Can I introduce you to some people. I'm sure your father would appreciate the rep right?" The loose pieces of hair that I pulled out were curled and moved to the side when my head tilted almost forcing her to go. "Uh my dad.." She started to speak. "Your dad works in my dads law firm." I stated already knowing my research on this girl. "Yeah.." She said walking away from Chuck. Everyone in the circle stayed quiet at I took Sydney. Nate gave me a look like he knew what I was doing. I linked arms with Sydney smiling at Nate leading her toward the punch table "let's grab a drink first!" I said and she obliged probably confused as to why a girl that could give a shit less about her was linking arms with her now. I stopped at the lunch table that was far away from everyone before speaking. "So you and Chuck? Don't you think that's a little too soon. I mean you just transferred here a week ago" I said trying to sound not too bitchy but only sounding like the bitchest girl of the east. She took the punch that I was handing her and took a sip "I'm not going for Chuck. Or anyone here for that matter. We're just friends." I laughed placing my hand on her bare shoulder "good because chucks mine. Took him and this will be the last upper east side anything you'll ever see, understand Brooklyn?" I said not giving her time to respond instead I splashed my drink all over her dress making her squeal as I knocked her cup over on herself so it looked like she did it when everyone turned to look at us. "Jeeze Sydney maybe you should keep yourself under control nobody likes a untrained street rat" her face began to redden as Chuck looked up a smirk on his face. I could see tears forming in Sydney's eyes as I shrugged smiling at her "Looks like you don't belong here right now darling. Stained dresses wouldn't pass the front gate inspection." Everyone's eyes were trained on us even my fathers. Nate shook his head and Serena started walking over with Dan but Sydney started running half way through ripping her heels off so she could run faster. I started laughing taking a drink from a waiting sipping on it. Dan ran after her "Syd!!" Serena stayed behind sighing watching the scene unfold. I walked up next to Chuck as he watched her run too. "Your a conniving evil woman" he said his eyes trained ahead of him as I took a drink of the whiskey in my hand. "It'll teach her a good lesson." Chuck started to walk away "We've been over for a while now Kendyl. Maybe it's you who needs the lesson."