Chapter 18 - Bad Decisions

Flash Forward

ROSE'S POV-

I was in a dark room. There was no windows and it was cold. My whole body ached. Cuts and bruises filled my frame. I tried to call for help, but my voice was to sore. It felt like I hadn't had water in days, which, knowing Lucius, I hadn't.

I reached my finger to my lips to see that they were cracked and bleeding. I was in chains, head laying against the hard stone wall. My clothes were torn to threads that hung limply off my weak and starved body. Someone had cut my hair unevenly and it lay matted with blood and dirt on the back of my head.

My eyes flickered down to see that one of my arms was twisted and mangled. I didn't feel any pain, which was good. I was done with feeling pain.

The thick metal door creaked open and he walked in. I looked up and met the eyes of Lucius Malfoy. "I see that your still alive." He said in a bored tone. I didn't have the energy to say anything back, for my throat was still raw from previous screams.

"Not going to answer me? Ok, I see how it is. Maybe this will change something." He hissed right before he shot a curse at me. My body thrashed in pain. A hoarse scream of agony ripped through my cracked and swollen lips.

I closed my eyes tightly and wished for one thing and one thing only. Scorpius. I hadn't seen him in almost two weeks. At first we were in a cell together, but then Scorpius passed out and so Lucius moved him. I haven't heard him scream in almost two weeks.

I needed to know that he was ok, that he was still alive. "Scorpius." I croaked. "Where is he?" Lucius let out a loud and taunting laugh.

"I'll tell you where he is. He's on a fast track straight to death. If the stupid boy would have just obeyed me then neither of you would even be in this predicament would you?" He said with a menacing grin.

"It's not his fault." I managed to whisper. "That is the farthest thing from true my dear. I gave him an option. He could help me take back the wizarding world, or you could both die. We both know that he chose the wrong path. He just had to try and save you. Well look where that landed him."He hissed.

Right as I was about to muster the energy to yell about how Scorpius loves me and that he did what he thought best, I heard a blood curdling scream. "Stop! someone help me, PLEASE!" The screams turned to sobs. I realized that it was Scorpius. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HIM?" I managed to yell.

"Nothing really, just letting him know how much of a disgrace he is to the Malfoy name." Lucius replied sharply. "Stop hurting him. Please, I'll do anything." I begged, voice dropped to a whisper.

"I'm sorry Rose, but I don't make deals. At least, not after what your little boyfriend pulled." He answered, a pinch of disgust in his voice. "But I'll tell you what I will do. I'll move him back in here so you can watch him slowly die." He said with a laugh/

He yelled out the commands to bring Scorpius in. A few minutes later, Scorp was dragged in by his hair. I gasped in horror.

His left arm was covered in burns that looked like they had been branded into him. His face was covered in cuts. One gash that was particularly bad went from one of his temples across his face and down to his chin. Both of his legs were bent in such unnatural ways, I highly doubted that they could ever be fixed. Blood seeped from a cut that reached across his neck. His hair had grown out to his shoulders and hung limply around his face.His eyelids were puffy and swollen from crying. It barely even looked like the man I know and love.

They threw him into a crumpled heap at my feet. Lucius and his cronies stalked out of the room and left us alone.

I pulled Scorpius towards me and pulled his head into my lap with the one arm I could actually use. His eyes opened and gazed into mine.

"I'm so sorry Rosie. This is all my fault." He said as he started to cry. "Shhhhh Scorp, don't cry. It's not your fault. We're in this together and we're going to make it out of this together." I cooed while stroking his face.

"If I wouldn't have told you about any of this then we wouldn't be here. I'm so sorry." He said repeatedly.

"Scorpius listen to me. We will make it out of here, and we will stay alive. I don't doubt it for one second. I promise you that both of our families are looking for us. How could they not be? We've been missing for almost a month Scorpius. I have a feeling that they're close. They will find us, and soon." I finished.

I looked down and see that his eyes were fighting to stay open. His breaths were coming out in short and ragged huffs. He started to shake. "Scorpius stay with me. Come on don't give up." I begged through tears. His eyes finally fluttered back open and and he gave a weak smile. "Did you really think that I would leave you that easily?" He questioned in a pained, but sarcastic tone. I helped him sit up against the stone wall and put my hand over his. "We will make it out of this." I vowed.

3 Months Earlier

SCORPIUS'S POV-

I paced up and down the Slytherin common room. I needed to tell someone. He had told me several times that I couldn't tell a single soul, or I would die. It might be selfish, but I needed to get it all out. I can't do this alone. I have three days left to decide what decision I was going to make. Obey him, or disobey him.

I need to get her opinion. I needed to see her. I had made up my mind. Death or no death, I was going to talk to Rose.

Hey guys. I'm sorry if this was a kind of confusing chapter so let me explain. The majority of this chapter is a 3 month time jump. The last little bit was the present time. The next few chapters will be leading up to what happened in the beginning and middle of this chapter. I know that it's a lot to take in but I needed to build suspense. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy! Keep commenting and voting! XOXO