Chapter 7 - An Awful Day Part 1

Hey guys! So recently I changed the cover for this story because I HATED the other one. Tell me what y'all think of the new one! Thank y'all so much for commenting and voting! It makes my day to see y'all supporting this story. I really appreciate it;) tell your friends about this story and keep reading! XOXO

ROSE'S POV-

The next week went by smoothly. Scorpius and I were both very pleased when we found out that our mothers approved of our relationship. Our fathers had both agreed to meet us on Saturday. As far as they know, each is going to lunch with their kids. But what they don't know, is that when they walk in, their kids will be sitting in a booth together, waiting to give them one of the biggest surprises that they've ever received.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm on Saturday morning. Every since Scorpius had started living in the same common rooms, I had learned several things about him. One was that he took forever to wake up. After 5 minutes of poking and prodding him he finally agreed to get out of bed. We parted our separate ways and went to get dressed.

We met back up in the common room and walked to breakfast. My stomach was in knots. "Scorp, I'm scared. I know that they're going to be upset." I said. "Well obviously. But what's the worst that they can do. It's not like they can ban us from seeing each other. We live in the same common room for crying out loud." He said positively. We ate breakfast and stood up to leave. My cousins all wished us luck and we headed out.

We were early so we shopped around a bit. Trudging through the crowds we made our way into Honeydukes. Being the gentlemen that he is Scorpius insisted on paying for everything that I laid my eyes on. By the time that we were done shopping it was time to head to The Three Broomsticks. We made sure to get there before our fathers for two reasons. One of which being we didn't want them to crash into each other and start arguing. The other being the fact that if they saw us sitting together they'd be obliged to come over to us instead of us going to them.

We walked into The Three Broomsticks and sat at a booth. I waited while Scorpius got us two Butterbeers. He sat back down and we engrossed ourselves in a conversation. We were laughing about something Al had said yesterday when there was a bang on the table. We looked up to see both of our fathers staring at us with confused looks.

"Rose, why are you sitting with him?" My dad asked. "Dad, Mr. Malfoy, thank you for coming to meet us." I said politely. "I agreed to meet with you. Not them." He said gesturing to Draco and Scorpius. "Please just sit down." I said. He looked at me strangely but obeyed. Scorpius and I sat together on one side of the booth and my father and his sat awkwardly on the other. "Scorpius, why are we here?" Asked Draco. 

"We need to talk to you both." Scorpius started awkwardly. "About?" My dad lead. "Dad, you know your opinion means everything to me and that's why I'm telling you this. I didn't think it'd go over well if I sent it in a letter so that's why I've asked you to meet me." I said as I took a breath. "Dad, I like Scorpius. I like him a lot and I hope you will too." I said. Scorpius's hand found mine under the table and I squeezed it. My dad looked dumbfounded. "You like him?" He asked as he pointed to Scorpius. "Yes, I really do." I said. "A-a-and you like her?" He said pointing to me. Scorp nodded and looked to his dad.

"Ok, I'm fine with it." Draco said simply. My dad looked at him like he was crazy. "You're what?" He asked astonished. "I'm ok with it. I'm glad they told us instead of sneaking around behind our backs. And it's obvious that they make eachother happy. Isn't that enough?" He asked. "No, it's not. Hermione was torchered and you just stood there. You stood there like an idiot and you let it happen. That's unforgivable. You expect me to stand here and be ok with my daughter dating you son? How do I know you haven't put him up to this? What if she's next? What if he hurts her?" He asked. His face was red with emotion and so was mine. "Shut up." I said angrily. He looked over to me. "What?" He asked.

"I said shut up. You don't know what the hell you're talking about. I get it. Mum was torchered and it really sucks. But that was over 20 years ago. Grow the hell up! People change. You can't just hold a grudge forever! And then there's Scorpius. You haven't even had a conversation with him and you're automatically assuming he's going to summon Voldemort from the grave and have him kill me! If you were mature enough to look past bloodlines and families then maybe you could see that Scorpius is a good person. He's kind, funny, and he loves me." I said. I was trying to stay as calm as possible but it wasn't working. My hands were now shaking with fury and my anger was becoming harder and harder to manage.

"Do not speak to me like that." He commanded. "How do you expect me to speak to you? I get it. You hate Mr. Malfoy. If you don't want to forgive him then that's on you. But you will not sit here and talk like that about someone I love. Everyone in our family thinks Scorpius's great. I don't see why you can't feel the same way. I love you ,dad but the way you're acting right now isn't ok." I said. He expression softened. "I love you too, Rosie. Please just see where I'm coming from." He begged.

My anger was back and worse than ever. "Where you're coming from? What do you mean by that?" I asked angrily. "I just want you to see why I'm upset. You're dating a Malfoy and his family did awful things!" He said. "His family changed. Why can't you see that?" I shouted. "Rose, calm down. People are starting to stare." Said Scorpius. "No. I'm not going to stay calm when my father's being an arrogant git." I spit. "You will not talk about me that way." My dad hissed. "Why? What are you going to do? You can't ground me dad. I'm living at a boarding school 2,000 miles away from home. I can talk about you any way I want because there's nothing you can do about it. It's an embarrassment having you as a father."I seethed. I stood up and collected my things. "It was very nice meeting you, Mr. Malfoy. Now if you don't mind I must be going." I said. Without waiting for a reply I dashed out of the building and ran back to Hogwarts.

SCORPIUS'S POV-

Rose stormed out of The Three Broomsticks leaving us all stunned. I was the first to speak. "Well, I think I should go after. Nice to see you both." I said as I ran after Rose. As a ran along the trail to the castle, I started to think of places that Rose might have gone to. She wouldn't have gone to the common room or the library. And then it dawned on me. She must have ran to the Room of Requirement.

I raced up the stairs to the seventh corridor. I finally got to the wall where the door should appear at. To my luck it did. When I walked in, it looked the exact same as it did that first night. All the memories came back and I felt a pang of guilt remembering what I said. How could I have ever called her mum a mudblood. I was still disgusted with myself.

I continued to walk through the room until I found Rose in the very corner. I didn't say anything. I just pulled her towards me. She cried into my shoulder for what seemed like hours. She finally sat up and composed herself. Bottom lip quivering and eyes puffy from crying she used her fingers to wipe off her remaining tears.

"I'm so sorry." She said into my shoulder. "You have nothing to be sorry for." I said. "Yes I do. My dad was absolutely awful." She cried. "That's not your fault. And I know you can't see it but he only wants the best for you."I said. "Whatever. I'm still sorry." She said. "You don't ever have to be sorry for your family's actions. I don't care about them. Only you." I said. "That's why I love you." She mumbled into my shoulder. I kissed her forehead softly. At some point or another we both fell asleep.

Hey guys! So I just finished writing this and the only thing going through my head at the moment is how badly I want my own Scorpius. WHY CAN'T HE BE REAL:( Literally as I was writing this I was nervous FOR Rose. This chapter was just an emotional roller coaster;) I hope you enjoyed it!