Chapter 4 - Surprises upon Surprises

Hey guys!  I don't actually know if I like this chapter. Tell me what y'all think! Please keep commenting and voting. XOXO

ROSE'S POV-

Walking down the hallway with my hand entwined with Scorpius's felt right. I felt like I was where I was supposed to be. Safe. We walked in silence and my mind started to wonder. Drifting from the good thoughts the bad ones entered. I shuddered thinking about what was going to happen.

Scorpius must have noticed me tense up. "Are you ok?" He asked. "Kind of. I don't really know what we are. One kiss doesn't exactly make a relationship. But, I like you. You're sweet and funny and if I dare say, a really good kisser. But things aren't going to be easy. Our families hate each other and my family's opinion means everything to me! I just don't see how this is going to work." I said. "Rose, I like you. I like you a lot and I don't care what people think. I'll talk to my dad and eventually he'll see what I see. A beautiful, feisty girl who's able to look past the Malfoy name and see me." He said. I blushed a little bit but realized what time it was. "Ok. You make a good point. But we really need to hurry. McGonagall's going to be furios we missed the sorting. We can just tell her we were scouting out our common room." I said. "Sounds good." He said as we approached the doors to the great hall. He tighetned his grip on my hand. "Remember, others opinions don't matter." He whispered.

He pushed open the doors and every head seemed to snap in our direction. Albus's mouth was hanging open and Alice's face broke out into a grin. All of my cousins stare with questionable expressions on their faces. I gave Scorpius a nervous smile and let go of his hand and rushed over and took my seat next to Alice. " What happened? You have to tell me everything!" She squealed. "Later." I whispered. I looked up nervously and was greeted by the faces of all 7 of my red headed cousins. "Out of everyone in the school you picked Malfoy?" Asked Fred with a look of disgust. His words stung. "Fred, chill out. I'm sure Rose has a perfect explanation for this whole ordeal. Right Rose?" Asked Roxy. "Actually, I do. I really like him." I said confidently. "But why?" Asked Molly. "Because he's nice." I said losing my confidence quickly. "Nice? Really? That's it?" Asked Lily. "He's funny too. And I wasn't going to say this but he's a good snog as well." I said sharply. 

They all looked at me incredulously. "You kissed him?" Asked Dominique. "As a matter a fact, I did. Now please back the hell off!" I said angrily. "I trust you Rose." Spoke Hugo. "But I'm just warning you. Dad's going to be very angry." He said. All of my cousins agreed with him. "I understand that. But he doesn't know what won't hurt him. And besides, I don't even know what Scorpius and I are. We kissed once. That's it." I said. "Yeah, well by the way he was looking at you I can guarantee you'll be dating by the end of the week. But we won't tell Uncle Ron will we?" Lead Lily. "Nope. Better you experience his wrath than me." Fred said with a laugh. "So none of you will tell him?" I asked. "Your secrets safe with us, Rosie." Confirmed Molly with a wink.

SCORPIUS'S POV-

After Rose let go of my hand I walked to my table. Bracing myself for the insults I'd received I sat down. Comments were hurled my way but I ignored them. It wasn't anything I couldn't take. Al slid next to me with a smirk. "How'd you do it?" He asked. "Do what?" I said. "You know, get Rose to like you back! You've been head over heels for her for years. I highly doubt she'd start to like you back out of nowhere." He said. "Are you doubting my ability to get a girl?" I asked appalled. "No. Well, kind of. It's Rose. She hates you! So what'd you do? Did you slip her a love potion? You can tell me mate. I swear I won't be mad." He said.

"I'll have you know that Rose actually seems to like me. She says, and I quote, I'm sweet, funny, and a good kisser. So to answer your question, no. I did not use a love potion to charm your cousin." I said angrily. "Sorry, mate. I just thought that maybe-" I cut off his rambles. "Shut it, Al." I commanded. Seeing he'd really made me mad he obeyed. We finished our meals in silence.

With that, McGonagall released us to our common rooms. I met Rose by the doors that led out of the Great Hall. She must of noticed the scowl on my face because she asked me what was wrong. "Nothing. Al just has it in his head that I used a love potion to charm you into kissing me." I said. "What a git." She said.

Seconds later her eyes lit up and she grabbed me by the hand. Leading me over to where Albus was standing I felt nervous. What was she going to do? "Hey, Al." She called. He looked over to us and saw our entwined hands. "You doubt that I like Scorpius?" She asked. It was quite. She grabbed me by the collar and pulled me down to her level . She kissed me long and hard until we pulled apart. "Still doubt me now?" She shouted as she lead me away. "Come on. We must be getting to our common rooms." She said to me with a wink.

She just keeps surprising me.

We walked towards the Heads common room and was greeted by a portrait of a knight. "Password please." He said in a monatomic voice. "Pheonix Feathers." We stated in synchronization. The portrait swung open and we climbed inside. The room was perfect! Filled with couches, chairs, and desks it set the perfect atmosphere for all the studying we'd have to do. Two small staircases branched away from each other and led to what I could only assume was our rooms.

"I think I'm going to go up to bed. Good night, Scorpius." She said as she reached on her tiptoes to kiss my cheek. "Good night, Rose." I said. She walked up to her room and closed the door. I was left with one thought. This year was going to be so bloody great.

Hey you guys! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy! XOXO