Chapter 36

Chapter 36
Flashbacks ~ S1 E1 : Days Gone By - S1 E2 : Guts

|3rd Person|
(FLASHBACK)

The girl's eyes snapped open as she heard the doors being forced open, followed by voices.

"Merle! Be quiet!"  A young man's voice whisper yelled.

"Yeah, yeah. I don't see you opening the fucking door."

How many were there?

Luckily, they hadn't acknowledged her yet. She quietly got up, and went behind a rack of clothes, squeezing herself in the middle.

How long had it been since she saw another person?  A month? 2 months?

"Glenn! You might want to take a look at this." A woman's voice called.

More than 3 intruders?

Haley had an itch on her leg, and it was really bothering her. She slowly brought her hand to itch it, but froze as her hand accidentally made a flannel move. She held her breath, hoping no one would realize-

"Did you see that?"

"See what?" The same lady asked.

"It moved."

Haley closed her eyes as she heard footsteps get closer.

"Glenn, it might be a geek--"

"If it was, it would've come out long ago."

"It's probably a stray animal."

It was silent for a few moments, "What if it's the owner of the food?"

Haley, who was left with no choices whimpered. "P-please don't h-hu-rt me."

She got out, her hands in the air and everyone's weapon directed at her.

Haley looked at all the people, seeing that it was definitely more than 3.

There was an Asian -perhaps korean- guy, a blonde woman, an African American woman, an African American man, a man who seemed to be in hid mid 40's-50's, and a man who seemed to be in his mid 30's.

"She's just a kid." The Asian man said lowering his weapon. "We're not going to hurt you--"

The Asian man was stopped from getting any closer to the girl by the old man. "Appearance doesn't mean anything." He said getting closer to the girl in a taunting way. "Where is your mommy and daddy gonna jump out from? Huh?" The old man mocked.

"Merle," The Asian glared. "she's just a kid."

"Th-they're dead."

"See? God, what's wrong with you?" The Asian man asked, crouching beside the now crying kid. "It's okay. You're okay." He said rubbing the girl's shoulders. "I'm Glenn." He smiled softly at her. "That's Andrea, Jacqui, Morales, T-Dog and Merle."

The girl sniffed and looked at Glenn with her red, puffy eyes. "I'm Haley."

BANG!