Chapter 11

Chapter 11- EDITED

Save The Last One : S2 E3

Part : 1

|Haley|

"Glenn!" I smiled widely and ran to Glenn. "Please don't go. Don't leave me."

"Shh. Haley. I'm not going anywhere. I'm just going to eat something. And what happened to you?"

"Things." I nodded and the feeling of my throat tightening came again. Your so weak.

"We're here, okay?"

"Thank you."

"Whatever you need." T-Dog replied.

"How's your arm, T?" I asked.

"Peachy."

I chuckled and wiped away stray tears that didn't fall yet.

"Bye." I waved and closed the door after them.

I turned around to see that Hershel took the covers down. Carl's chest was so discolored, almost like a walker.

"If they don't come soon, we have a decision to make."

"And that is?" Rick asked as I went next to Hershel. I grabbed Carl's hand and rubbed circles. It wasn't to make him feel better, it was to make me. That if he was gone, he would go while I was holding him. Maybe pull him back.

"Whether to operate on your boy without the respirator."

"You said that wouldn't work." Lori said.

"I know. It's extremely unlikely, but we can't wait much longer."

Both Lori and Rick got up and left the room. I just finally let the tears fall as they dropped onto Carl's hand. "Please stay strong." I whispered before I lay down next to him. "I'm not going anywhere, okay? I'm here." I said trying not to touch his chest at all.

Hershel went around and sat on the other side and started doing his work.

-

"You might want to get up. I need some working place dear." Hershel said after a moment. I nodded and took a deep breath.

"When can I come back?"

"15 minutes later?"

"Yeah sure." I nodded. "I'll be back." I whispered before I left the room.

I opened the door to the patio but before I could say anything I heard Lori and Rick talking.

"Maybe this isn't a world for children anymore." I heard Lori say.

"Yeah well, we have a child." Rick answered. "Carl is here, in this world, right now--"

"Maybe he shouldn't be."

What the fudging hell Lori?

I couldn't see them, but I could hear them damn well. And Lori's words were killing me.

"Maybe this is how it's supposed to be." She continued.

"You can't mean that." After seconds of silence Rick talked again. "Okay. Alright. I can see that thought crossing your mind."