Chapter 12

Chapter 12- EDITED

Save The Last One : S2 E3

Part : 2

|Haley|

He's going to be okay.

Just...believe in him.

Carl was still having his seizure and I was pressed against the wall.

Suddenly, it all stopped. Carl slumped backwards and his eyes were now closed.

"Is he- is he dead?" I asked the dreaded question as I rushed next to Rick.

"No. His brain isn't getting enough blood is the problem. His pressure is bottoming. He needs another transfusion."

"Okay. I'm ready."

"If I take anymore out of you, your body could shut down. You could go into coma. Or Cardiac Arrest."

"Take it from me." I said turning my arm over.

"What's your blood type?" Hershel asked.

"0+" I said and sat down. "Stop wasting time! Come on!" I screamed.

Hershel quickly grabbed the stuff and made his way over to me. I couldn't stop staring at Carl, as I turned my hand into fists so Hershel could see my veins.

I winced as the needle punctured my skin. At least your saving, Carl.

-

"Before it happened, we were standing there in the woods." Rick said. "And this deer, just crossed right in front of us. I swear, it just planted itself there, and looked at the kids, right in the eye. One second Carl, the other second Haley. And I looked at them-"

"Can you please stop talking like I'm not here?" I asked. "You know what? Continue." I snapped before leaving the room. The world was spinning, so I stumbled against the door.

"Do you need help? Here, let me help you." The blonde daughter said.

"Thanks." I said leaning against her.

"I'm Beth."

"Haley Grin." I said as I stumbled once again.

-

"He's losing blood faster then we can replace it." Hershel said. "And with the swelling in his abdomen, we can't wait any longer, or he's just going to slip away. Now I need to know right now, if you want me to do this. Because I think your boy is out of time. You have to make a choice!"

"A choice?" Lori asked.

"What the heck do you mean by choice?!" I screamed.

"A choice. You have to tell me what it is." Rick told Lori.

I sat next to Carl where I held his limp hand. It was cold and pale, squeezing it.

"We do it."