"You said that your favourite food is meat, right? Well, mine's oranges."

"Really? Oranges are awesome. They're the same colour as your hair. I like your hair a lot, Nami."

'Oh great.' Luffy unfortunately didn't get the message.

"Luffy, though you saying all that makes me happy... let's please talk about something else."

"Okay... This one time I had this awesome dream! I woke up on a meat island and-"

Nami burst out laughing. Luffy paused, decided to laugh along with her and continued his story. They ended up talking about a series of weird dreams that they'd had until Luffy's dad called for him.

"Sorry Nami. The old man's calling me so I have to go. If it's okay with you, I'd like to call you again..."

"Of course, Luffy. Good night... and Luffy?

"Yeah?"

"I really like you too."

Luffy blinked and laughed, 'Shishishi' "Goodnight, Nami."

When Luffy was no longer on the other line, Nami had a content look written all over her face. She giggled to herself when she remembered his silly story about becoming the Meat King. She glanced at her bedside clock and was shocked to find that it was way past midnight. How long they talked, she had no idea but she enjoyed every second of it.

Luffy and Nami's wedding was to take place a month after. They haven't seen each other at any other time since Monkey D. Dragon had Luffy doing heaps of work for the company before the big day. Luffy however, ensured that he called Nami as much as possible. He knew that she truly enjoyed his phone calls. He was just as satisfied hearing her voice over the phone. Talking to her was like a breath of fresh air after a hard day of work.

Their wedding entailed two separate ceremonies. The first involved their close friends and families. There is to be a banquet and a toast to the newly engaged couple. It isn't to be a large gathering and is to take place at the Monkey D. Mansion. Dragon and Genzo didn't want to overwhelm their children unnecessarily. It was an arranged marriage after all.

The second event is to take place the day following the first. They are to go to the Government House, sign a couple of papers and say their vows. If everything goes smoothly, Luffy and Nami are to move into an apartment a week after which their parents picked out; claiming it as a wedding gift. Bellemere even took it upon herself to furnish it. Everything was set.

On the night of the first event, everyone was gathered in the large dining room of the Monkey D. household. Everyone except Nami and her parents.

Meanwhile, Luffy was in his own turmoil of mixed emotions. He was enthusiastic, worried and upset. 'Where is she?' he wondered, feeling rather jumpy on his heels. He sat outside on the stairs waiting for any sign of her.

Zoro, Luffy's best friend, walked out of the large door behind him to see if he's doing okay. Zoro knew that even though Luffy was a rather nice guy and all, he had a problem with being patient so he thought that checking up on him would be for the best.

"Yo, Luffy. You sure you don't want to come in? Usopp and the guys are raiding the food table."

Despite saying that, it wasn't enough to move Luffy. He didn't even turn to meet him nor answer him. He had his eyes fixed ahead of him with a precarious look on his face. Zoro smirked at this and made way back to the party. He was very proud of his captain- a name that he and the guys playfully liked to call him.

The guys were mind blown the day Luffy announced that he was engaged. They thought that he was joking but Luffy with all seriousness told them that he definitely was not. Luffy had always been one stubborn brute. They assumed that he was freaking asexual for crying out loud. Though Dragon was a strict parent, he worried for his son and his lack of interest in being in a relationship and tried to marry him off early. Surprisingly, it worked.

His dad had set him up with well off girls before; the more prestigious of them all being a princess and even a woman rumour claimed to be the most beautiful woman on earth. Yet, Luffy stated that they were either cowardly, weak or just down right pissed him off.

The possibility of putting the words Luffy and married in one sentence was equal to finding a needle in a haystack. Whoever this girl was, talented enough to steal Luffy's heart, they wanted to meet her as soon as possible. Usopp even joked (away of Luffy's earshot) that she must have worn a meat dress or something. They never doubted their captain but all this about him getting married seemed so unreal.

Zoro trusted his captain to choose someone suitable for himself. He too was shocked at hearing the news. Though he had confidence in Luffy and all, whoever this girl was had to first gain his approval before handing his best friend over. No matter how made up Luffy's mind was.

The fact that Nami hadn't graced Luffy with her presence left Luffy an uneasy mess. He was pretty sure that she wanted to see him as much as he wanted to see her, but where was she? Of course he tried calling her countless times but her phone kept ringing out and all he got was her voice mail.

'Where's Nami?'

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading.  

This fanfic is already planned out so don't ever think that it will never be completed. I personally hate waiting centuries for wicked awesome fanfic updates so I definitely would not be doing the same with this fic. "Our Arranged Love Story" will not disappoint.

Hope you enjoyed this update. 

Sayonara~

-Awsme Grl