Chapter 14 (edited)

Start from the beginning

"May we help you?" Peyton snarked to an answering growl.

"We want to meet our newest baby sister."

"She's otherwise preoccupied." Reese looked at me as I stared wide-eyed and frantic shaking my head no. She snickered but didn't say anything otherwise. "You can meet her along with everyone else at the grand reveal." Peyton insisted trying to close the door around insistent fingers. I groaned at the mention of a grand reveal. Both girls shot me dirty looks over their shoulders and then said,

"Bye." Peyton shut the door in their faces and we all giggled nervously at the growls coming from the other side of the door. For good measure, Reese locked the door even though the males would easily be able to break it if they wished. They didn't thankfully instead grumbled some more and then left. Reese returned and finished my makeup finally turning me so that I could see what she'd done in the mirror. I gasped at the final result with my combined hair and makeup. My eyes popped with a natural soft pink eyeshadow and a sweep of eyeliner across the top lid. My naturally pale face was contrasted sharply with the classic red of my lipstick.

"Thank you it's beautiful," I complimented turning my face back and forth to catch all angles of it.

"The beauty is all you my dear, I only added the finishing touches." She replied and I flushed at her compliment. I stood up from the chair and turned around to see Coral standing in front of me all done up to the nines in a slinky crimson colored cocktail gown that had a plunging sweetheart neckline, and a mid-thigh slit on the left side. The gown fell to the floor and pooled around her feet which were encased in silver strappy stilettos. Her red hair was styled in waves that fell down her back and spilled over her bare shoulders. In her hands were two dresses each as frivolous as her's.

"Which would you like?" She held up a royal blue a line gown that had a plunging neckline and wide lace straps. The entire dress was overlaid with a lace layer that added detail to the dress. On the other hand, she held an emerald green a line gown that had a sweetheart neckline and a keyhole back with gold and green embellishments on the faux cap sleeves. The skirt flowed to the floor and would pool around my feet. The whole ensemble was tied together with a gold belt at the natural waist of the dress. I bit my lip trying to decide between them.

"Green, I think." I proclaimed finally as my eyes lingered on it the longest.

"Ooh, perfect choice! That's the one I wanted you to pick!" She squealed in excitement and led me to the bathroom to change into the dress. She helped me into it and then zipped up the back and did up the clasp to keep the sleeves up. I turned and the dress shimmied around my legs as I looked in the mirror above the sink. From the waist up I was gorgeous, a princess in all her resplendence. Beyond that, I'd need a full-length mirror to see. Without saying anything I ran my hands over the front of the skirt smoothing it down and turned back to Coral.

"Now what?" I asked.

"Shoes of course," Her hand grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the bathroom into a large walk-in closet. "Now, these would be absolutely adorable on you," She held up a pair of strappy silver stilettos, "but because all of your accessories are gold I'm thinking these," She picked up a pair of strappy gold colored stiletto sandal, with crisscross detailing. I nodded while inwardly cringing at what I would be putting my poor feet through. The heel wasn't high, about two and a half inches but eventually it would hurt. Taking them from her I slipped them onto my feet and did the ankle strap up on each.

"Okay, I'm ready for the big reveal." I turned in a slow circle in front of her.

"Nah ah, not just yet. First, we need to get some more embellishments."

"How much more bedazzled can I get?"

"You'll see." She scampered off and I envied her easy movements in such a long restricted gown. When she came back Gwen, Reese, and Peyton were with her, both dressed to the nines, and each held multiple pieces of jewelry. Gwen slid a golden necklace around my throat with a small rose pendent hanging just above my collarbone. Peyton measured several different earrings against my skin tone and the dress, finally deciding on a small emerald stud with a gold casing and backing. I put them in and then all three stepped back inspecting their handy work. I shifted uneasily as they all stared in contemplation.